• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What are you eating/last thing you ate?

My wife is super patient with her grilled cheese. She cooks it at a very low temperature and they turn out perfect. I crank up the heat and they turn out good sometimes, but not like hers.

Tonight the wife made a homemade "torta", using a brioche hot dog bun instead of telera. Ground beef, Mexican cheese blend, onions, tomatoes and chili peppers. The cheese was melted on top of the beef mixture. With a small salad. And a bowl of cherries.
Quite delish!

Sometimes? Habit says ya right.

More like sometimes I don’t wait up all groggy and actually cook. 😎
With me, it's about my work schedule. If I have a 7:00 AM class only, I'll often wait until I'm home to eat. But on days of back-to-back classes starting at 7:30, it's yogurt, cereal or oatmeal, with a snack in between.
During the regular school year, I make the wife's coffee, breakfast (and lunch) so often don't leave time for anything big for myself. On my days off, I make mine after I get her off.

Tonight's birthday dinner was poached salmon, Trader Joe's multi grains, Trader Joe's Southwestern style salad and I shared a Firestone Walker Parabola (bourbon-barrel aged stout blend) with the missus. It was fantastic.
Oh, and homemade carrot cake with a burnt pineapple glaze. Also amazing. Lucky dude. 😊

Tonight's meal was from a nearby Chinese restaurant my daughter and her husband like. The meal that we bought was, I thought, for two. But there was so much food, it was like a meal for four. Handmade noodles with chicken. Very good. Then the dumplings we got were enough for a meal in and of itself. Super spicy but very good.

As a snack: yesterday, the missus made a homemade lemon ricotta Bundt cake with a lemon glaze for our grandson's 7th birthday. I had another smaller slice this evening. It was so insanely good. 😊

So the missus and I went to a localish brewery yesterday and I had the leftover sandwich for lunch just now. A smoked beef brisket with coleslaw and cheddar on a french roll. Oh my goodness! It was so good, even as a leftover.

Tonight, my wife and granddaughters made homemade personal pizzas. Mine had salami, tomatoes and onion. With a lemon arugula salad. Quite tasty.

So just now, my lunch was simply cheese and (Naan) crackers with a pear and a Coke Zero. The cheese, though, was a new one from Trader Joe's: a cheddar cheese blended with their Everything But the Bagel spices they sell with their other spices. Quite tasty. Cheese was a bit sharp, though (FYI).

Back