• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

I mostly think getting together outside and social distancing is perfectly fine in most circumstances but man, Trinity Bellwoods today from twitter looks way too packed to me.

We’ll find out in two weeks. Same scene playing out all across America during their holiday wkd

That shit doesn't look appealing to me even in a non pandemic world. But yeah... Cases have already been spiking. I suspect in two weeks things might start looking dire. Ford and Tory should probably be a bit proactive on this one and nip this shit in the bud before it gets out of control.

I had higher hopes for Toronto. Too bad.

Some twitter chatter that there could be upwards of 10,000 people in the park.

This is why we can't have nice things. And these same people will moan and groan when the restrictions tighten up again.

I wonder how much the perspective makes it look worse than it is, the people near the camera are at least semi-reasonably spread out.

Nice to see that people are generally trying to stay 6 feet apart. I still wouldn't go to a place like that right now, though.

I was referring to the people sitting, there seems to be at least 6 feet (or more) between every blanket. You're not going to stay 6 feet away from your friend or family member that you went there with. Of course people walking around makes the social distancing much more difficult, but I expected it to be a lot worse.

Yeah. I'm in no rush for any of that. Honestly, even post vaccine, I won't be the first person to hang at those places.

My big quandary is when do I visit my mom in Montreal. Could be a long while yet.

Same quandary. I’m betting not before next summer (2021).

I generally understand people wanting to see their friends and enjoy good weather. But going to a highly populated place like this is frankly irresponsible at this point. Go see two or three of our friends and hang out in somebody's backyard. Have somebody over and watch a movie together. Go see your parents who have been cooped up for the last 3 months. Is it really necessary to go to a park amongst 10,000 other people?

We’ve paid a terrible price to try to squash the curve. It would be very disappointing to throw it all away once we get a tiny sniff of normalcy.

Folks need to be educated that we’re starting from zero again if there’s another wave.

That’s the problem. Folks paid a steep price, now they want their summer. I’m disappointed with the utter lack of imagination... hanging out at Trinity. You had 2 months to think of a fun thing to do and that’s the smartest/coolest thing you come up with?

If you have a sr parent you have a very difficult decision. Bring them to live with you and isolate yourself as much as possible or dont see them.

We have been isolating away from my parents even though they are mid 60s but we may have dinner with them soon.

Back