• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Finally watched the last Star Wars movie. Not bad I guess. It does strike me how much effort gets put into big movies now to be PC. They stuck that lesbian kiss in but were afriad to have it for more than 1 second onscreen. The original Stars Wars, well they just concentrated on making an entertaining movie.
So much corporate pressure in these big films now. One reason why streaming tv shows are just the best in quality. They are left alone to tell their own stories.

Finally watched the last Star Wars movie. Not bad I guess. It does strike me how much effort gets put into big movies now to be PC. They stuck that lesbian kiss in but were afriad to have it for more than 1 second onscreen. The original Stars Wars, well they just concentrated on making an entertaining movie.
So much corporate pressure in these big films now. One reason why streaming tv shows are just the best in quality. They are left alone to tell their own stories.
I don't know the "history of television" but didn't it's growth in the 50s/60s also mark the decline of the 'traditional movie studio system'?

Ben Affleck is amazing in The Way Back. You've seen the movie before, very cliched. But still touching and damn he's great in it.

Supposedly it's not great. I read a review that said it's like most Nolan movies in that it's a pile of confusion dressed up to look pretty. Not sure I agree with them lumping in all movies together like that, but if you try to be the complex genius all the time and you don't have your shit together some of the time, that's going to happen.

Nolan has a bunch of near-amazing movies that all needed one major extraneous "action" piece excised completely from it.

I assume Tenet is the same.

Interesting take. Definitely thinking of the Joker's tugboat bomb scene. The Inception extra layers of nonsense dreams scenes.

Honestly take out that whole military storming of the castle level and Inception is probably perfect.

Remove the whole Matt Damon fight section and Interstellar is perfect.

And yeah, at least one too many set pieces in Dark Knight. Probably one of Harvey ones.

the good thing about Nolan movies is that they always keep me interested

i generally cannot fucking stand car chase scenes but he makes me forget they are car chase scenes

Honestly take out that whole military storming of the castle level and Inception is probably perfect.

Remove the whole Matt Damon fight section and Interstellar is perfect.

And yeah, at least one too many set pieces in Dark Knight. Probably one of Harvey ones.

For some reason, Interstellar ended up being totally forgettable for me. I literally can't remember what the hell it was actually about, and don't even remember Matt Damon in it. Maybe I feel alseep or something and didn't even realize.

For some reason, Interstellar ended up being totally forgettable for me. I literally can't remember what the hell it was actually about, and don't even remember Matt Damon in it. Maybe I feel alseep or something and didn't even realize.
he was on the planet where time was messed up

Back