• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Or Air Raid, with a ton of quick, short throws. That's what he ran at Charleston Southern.
He must have played against a lot of short D lines at CS, because one of his issue here has been balls batted right back at him.
Lord, there's a UNC joke in there just dying to get out!

He must have played against a lot of short D lines at CS, because one of his issue here has been balls batted right back at him.
Lord, there's a UNC joke in there just dying to get out!
I mean, they play in the Big South ... "big" is right there in the name! Seriously though, that guy was a bad idea and whoever had it in the first place needs to answer some questions. From his Mom, for starters.

Firefox complained that this site's certificate expired on 11/22/2022. Can a mod look into this please?

In a move that was inevitable from the minute he was whacked by the Panthers, Matt Rhule was hired by Nebraska.

Panthers owner David Tepper is under investigation for the failed deal to move the Panthers headquarters to Rock Hill, SC.

That whole thing was a clown show and for the sake of the contractors involved ... who are getting royally screwed ... I hope somebody's arse is in a sling. Either Tepper is at fault or the City, but either way somebody needs to make those companies whole.

All three Triangle based College Football teams got their bowl assignments this weekend. Duke is heading to the Annapolis to take on Central Florida in the Military Bowl. Carolina gets a trip to San Diego for a Holiday Bowl matchup with Oregon, while State takes the short trip to Charlotte for the Duke's Mayo Bowl ... to face former ACC rival Maryland. Ugh. Carolina's matchup is probably the most fun, which is fair since they had the best season of the bunch. Wake also goes bowling ... facing a .500 Missouri team in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa. Also, ugh.

Congrats to everyone, I guess. Not that often do all the Big Four get a bowl game in a given season.

NC Central is also going bowling, playing SWAC champion Jackson State in the Cricket Celebration Bowl in Atlanta on December 17. That game. The game matches the champions of the MEAC and SWAC each year. Outgoing Jackson State coach Deion Sanders has committed to coaching the team in the game before he heads off to Colorado.

App State would nominally have been bowl eligible with a 6-6 record, but 2 of the wins were against FCS teams, and they don’t count. So, despite the much ballyhooed win over Texas A&M and the visit from College Gameday, they’re staying home.

Forgot about Central. I can't remember that last time we had four Triangle football teams playing post season games. It's rare enough that Duke, State and UNC would all go bowling in the same year, honestly.

Transfer portal is interesting in the ACC. Half the QBs in the league are in the thing, from high profile guys like Leary (State) and Uiagalelie (Clemson) to middlers like Armstrong, Slovis and Jurkovic (UVa, Pitt and BC) to whatever Jeff Simms (Ga Tech) is. Fun twist ... looks like Jurkovic is staying in conference and will be replacing Slovis at Pitt. His old coach is their OC, so ... makes sense I guess. State fans are salty about Leary leaving, but he was always leaving after this season one way or the other. Either he played great and headed for the draft or didn't and headed somewhere that's a better showcase. Look for him to go somewhere with a strong OL and WR group so he can fling it around with confidence. He should be healthy for spring ball.

On the topic of State, their last starter of the season Ben Finley is also pretty likely to leave. He's graduating this month and has a year of eligibility left. I've heard rumors that he might go to a So Con or G5 school with an opening. App State is also a rumor for him. That leaves State with MJ Morris and whoever they're bringing in. Oh, also State's OC Tim Beck took the top job at Coastal Carolina. So State will need a new OC as well.

Yeah. He was a true freshman so the portal only makes sense if he was really unhappy or thinks that they'll suck next year. It can't be NIL money, because Carolina always finds a way when it comes down to money. Either way, I'll believe it when I see it.

This guy had one of Elon's blue check marks, which unfortunately means sh*t. Nobody seems to know who this guy is and few believe him.
Yeah, again ... I'll believe it when I see it because it wouldn't make sense on several levels. Carolina already had a wave of guys hit the portal, which is normal. Then again, waiting to check out potential options is also normal, based on the last two years.

Maye isn’t leaving Carolina.

Yeah... I'm diehard Carolina, and while I like that he would be back, this reeks of extorting NIL money from selected supporters.

I hate what's happened to college sports. Absolutely hate it.

Back