• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Even incompetent mouth breathers can stumble into top talent when they pick in the top 1-3 of the draft a couple of times.
Maybe but they still can’t put it together enough to make they lead to success. Unless they do it year after year. I think the Panthers are likely to go that route though with this ownership. So I guess the glass is half er one eighth full from a panthers fan perspective.

Maybe but they still can’t put it together enough to make they lead to success. Unless they do it year after year. I think the Panthers are likely to go that route though with this ownership. So I guess the glass is half er one eighth full from a panthers fan perspective.
I guess, but either way the proven path to rebuilding a roster is to out and out stink for a couple of years while you fish for a proper QB. They're well positioned to do just that and really need to stop with the QB reclamation projects and let it happen organically. They almost never work and you just end up burning assets and cash watching the very predictable failures unfold.

The Alliance of American Football has once again raised its head. The bankruptcy trustee is suing Dundon for at least $184 million. In a countersuit, Dundon is suing Charley Ebersol for $70 million alleging that he was misled about the financial state of the league.

The bankruptcy trustee alleges that Dundon didn’t pursue other options when he shut the league down. The complaint reveals some details never before released. The NFL had agreed to a partnership with the league in exchange for warrants worth 15% of the league. The complaint also alleges that other investors were interested in purchasing Dundon’s position, including former Arizona Diamondbacks owner Jeff Moorad. Patriots owner Robert Kraft also coordinated calls with other prospective buyers.

The article is on The Athletic, but you know what that means.

So I know we have a few soccer fans in here so what’s the deal with this World Cup being held during the heart of the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday time? Is it the heat and climate in Qatar that prompted this time of year to hold the tournament? Looks like a ton of early morning games for us on the television schedule with the best games mosts day set for 2pm. The last time the Canadians actually qualified for World Cup play I remember being in the eighth grade and they didn’t even score a single goal in three games…

So I know we have a few soccer fans in here so what’s the deal with this World Cup being held during the heart of the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday time? Is it the heat and climate in Qatar that prompted this time of year to hold the tournament? Looks like a ton of early morning games for us on the television schedule with the best games mosts day set for 2pm. The last time the Canadians actually qualified for World Cup play I remember being in the eighth grade and they didn’t even score a single goal in three games…
Yes, it’s because of the heat in the summer in Qatar. And if FIFA weren’t the most corrupt organization in the world, the tournament would have been held in the US in the summer. But the US, Canada and Mexico get the consolation prize and will jointly host in 2026, as the field expands from 32 to 48 teams.

News flash ... Canada's actually good. The best program in CONCACAF ahead of the US and Mexico.

Also new flash ... Qatar's bid was the most corrupt in FIFA's long, very corrupt history. Thus hosting the World Cup in the freaking desert in freaking November. FIFA makes the NHL look competent.

I'll have to check it out. FIFA and the IOC are just terrible organizations
The IOC has been doing it a lot longer than FIFA. And the really serious FIFA corruption started under Joao Havelenge, who learned at the knee of Avery Brundage when he was a IOC member

Back