• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Not sure what else we can expect looking at how students have been wasting the opportunity to learn for so many years now. There’s consequences to not demanding better performance from our education system (including parenting in that). People are bound to be idiots when they haven’t been taught.

I will say this ... I deal with the general public a great deal in my work as a travel agent. I regularly wonder how some of the people with whom I interact manage to tie their shoes, much less navigate leaving the house on a regular basis. Some of the questions I get asked are ... truly remarkable ... especially about cruises.

I will say this ... I deal with the general public a great deal in my work as a travel agent. I regularly wonder how some of the people with whom I interact manage to tie their shoes, much less navigate leaving the house on a regular basis. Some of the questions I get asked are ... truly remarkable ... especially about cruises.
Do tell.

Somedays I wonder how some of the stupid people who call my office are smart enough to dial my 10 digits. Seriously. I'm certain someone has to hold their hand when they pee or wipe for them.

One evening, after a particularly aggravating day, I was bitching to my fishing buddy Scott about how many stupid calls I was forced to deal with that day. Scott told me that he knew no calls were as bad as his, because he'd gotten the stupidest phone call of all time. Scott and his father owned a tire store, with the phone number painted on the sign. They sold new & used tires and they got all kinds of calls.
Best I can remember, his stupid call went like this;

Scott: Thanks for calling Tire Sales.
Customer: I need to get some tires for my car.
Scott: We'd be happy to help you. We have both new and used tires in all sizes.
Customer: I don't want to spend as much as new tires cost, I think I want some used ones.
Scott: No problem. We have a wide range of sizes of used tires with good tread on them. What size tires do you need?
Customer: I don't know.
Scott: What size rims do you have?
Scott: How many bolts in the rims?
Scott: Well, what kind of car do you have?
Customer: It's a blue one.

I told Scott "Congratulations, you win the championship belt."

Jim

Last edited:
Somedays I wonder how some of the stupid people who call my office are smart enough to dial my 10 digits. Seriously. I'm certain someone has to hold their hand when they pee or wipe for them.

One evening, after a particularly aggravating day, I was bitching to my fishing buddy Scott about how many stupid calls I was forced to deal with that day. Scott told me, that he knew no calls were as bad as his, because he'd gotten the stupidest phone call of all time. Scott and his father owned a tire store, with the phone number painted on the sign. They sold new & used tires and they got all kinds of calls.
Best I can remember, his stupid call went like this;

Scott: Thanks for calling Tire Sales.
Customer: I need to get some tires for my car.
Scott: We'd be happy to help you. We have both new and used tires in all sizes.
Customer: I don't want to spend as much as new tires cost, I think I want some used ones.
Scott: No problem. We have a wide range of sizes of used tires with good tread on them. What size tires do you need?
Scott: What size rims do you have?
Scott: How many bolts in the rims?
Scott: Well, what kind of car do you have?
Customer: It's a blue one.

I told Scott "Congratulations, you win the championship belt."

Jim
When Mike Solarte had a local show, he had a weekly award for the dumbest call, it was “WHYD”. Who Helped You Dial

What I was working, seems like a couple hundred years ago, I had a call from a customer who said his machine needed a new power supply. I asked him had he tried a different outlet? No he replied, that one wont work either as the whole building has no power.
then there is the classic where a person called in that his coffee holder on the pc was broke. Coffee holder? Yes, the thing that slides out when I push a button and holds my coffee cup.
for the youngsters out there, it’s a compact disc player or cd Player.

What I was working, seems like a couple hundred years ago, I had a call from a customer who said his machine needed a new power supply. I asked him had he tried a different outlet? No he replied, that one wont work either as the whole building has no power.
then there is the classic where a person called in that his coffee holder on the pc was broke. Coffee holder? Yes, the thing that slides out when I push a button and holds my coffee cup.
for the youngsters out there, it’s a compact disc player or cd Player.
Those would be coded as ID-10-T errors.

The Carolina Panthers fired cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper and defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni. The are probably the 2 most relieved people in all of Mecklenburg County today.

The Carolina Panthers fired cornerbacks coach Evan Cooper and defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni. The are probably the 2 most relieved people in all of Mecklenburg County today.
I was shocked when Pasqualoni took a job on Rhule's staff in the first place. The guy is a million years old and surely knew better.

Also LOL at the franchise and its fans for continuing to get panicky over losses. Tank, you idiots.

I was shocked when Pasqualoni took a job on Rhule's staff in the first place. The guy is a million years old and surely knew better.

Also LOL at the franchise and its fans for continuing to get panicky over losses. Tank, you idiots.

Tanking does no good when you are run by incompetent mouth breathers

The Indianapolis Colts fired head coach Frank Reich and replaced him on an interim basis with ESPN analyst and former Colts center and Hall of Famer Jeff Saturday, who has never coached in the NFL (but did coach at Hebron Christian Academy in Atlanta). They bypassed Gus Bradley and John Fox, both former head coaches.

The Indianapolis Colts fired head coach Frank Reich and replaced him on an interim basis with ESPN analyst and former Colts center and Hall of Famer Jeff Saturday, who has never coached in the NFL (but did coach at Hebron Christian Academy in Atlanta). They bypassed Gus Bradley and John Fox, both former head coaches.
I’ve talked to Jeff quite a bit in Chapel Hill. He’s down a lot to watch his son, who is a walk-on and who he also coached at Hebron Academy. He mentioned to me a few weeks ago this might be an option. He’s been an analyst for the Colts the last couple of years as well and is highly respected in the organization and with the players. Probably just a legit interim until the end of the year, but if they like what they see and he gets results who knows. Not sure if he wants to be a full-time NFL head coach, but with his kids out of the house, now is the time to give it a try.

I work in healthcare. Get the privilege of face to face with dozens and dozens of patients a day. I've learned to quit assuming I had heard the dumbest thing ever. It's a revolving door. The average American adult has to have an IQ of about 40 or so. It's scary.

I work in healthcare. Get the privilege of face to face with dozens and dozens of patients a day. I've learned to quit assuming I had heard the dumbest thing ever. It's a revolving door. The average American adult has to have an IQ of about 40 or so. It's scary.
Yeah ... somebody much earlier asked me to share funny stories of my dumber client interactions, but honestly they're mostly just sad. I share that kind of stuff with my colleagues, but only as a way to try and find better ways to communicate and educate with my clients so they can better enjoy their vacations.

Back