• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

The Big 12 extended their media rights deal with ESPN and Fox. It’s $2.2 billion total, $380 million per year and runs through 2030-31. The current deal runs through 2024-24 and pays an annual average of $220 million.

Another day, another franchise for sale, but this is in the NFL. Forbes tweeted that Dan Snyder has hired Bank of America to sell the Commanders. The linked article in the tweet is behind a paywall.

Another day, another franchise for sale, but this is in the NFL. Forbes tweeted that Dan Snyder has hired Bank of America to sell the Commanders. The linked article in the tweet is behind a paywall.

Apparently his threats to basically blackmail other owners backfired on him. There's zero chance Snyder would be looking to sell if he didn't feel like it was his only option. The timing is a shame though, for Panthers fans at least. Snyder was under pressure back when Richardson was forced out in Charlotte and if he wasn't so stubborn maybe the Panthers could have avoided Tepper.

Forget the battle of Eastern v. Western barbecue. Someone doesn’t understand barbecue at all. Raleigh police were dispatched to Clyde Cooper’s Barbecue because a customer called 911 complaining about pink pork in their takeout plate.

Forget the battle of Eastern v. Western barbecue. Someone doesn’t understand barbecue at all. Raleigh police were dispatched to Clyde Cooper’s Barbecue because a customer called 911 complaining about pink pork in their takeout plate.

I saw that last night and I have ... questions. So many questions.

Who the heck calls the cops when they think somebody served them under-cooked meat? Are we raising a nation of absolute idiots? Was the movie Idiocracy satire or prophecy? Why did RPD dispatch feel the need to humor this idiot by sending an officer? How did he or she manage to "investigate" with a straight face? Who invented liquid soap and why?

“She left and came back and said her barbecue was undercooked because it had a lot of pink in it. We explained that’s because it’s smoked. When pork is smoked, it turns pink.” Holt said a few minutes later a Raleigh Police officer came to the restaurant,
Ya I'm cool with the not knowing the smoked = pink thing, it's the doubling down on it with the cops and the web review AFTER they tell ya what's up that makes one wanna smack her upside the head, Gibbs-style

it does go right along with the "my ignorance and opinions are better than the domain knowledge of experts" thing we've seen in spades in other areas lately, so, yeah...

Back