• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

The Fan hired a replacement for Ovies and Giglio. Tim Donnelly will join in mid-July. He’s hosted a show on ESPN 94.1 in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. He’s also worked as a weekend host and occasional substitute on 106.7 The Fan in DC.

The Qatari Investment Fund is seeking to make a 5% investment in Monumental Sports and Entertainment, the company that owns the Washington Capitals, Wizards, Mystics and Capital One Arena. It also owns a sports cable network, the former NBC Sports Washington buying the remaining 2/3 interest last summer. The NHL has already approved the deal through the Board of Governors. The NBA is currently reviewing it. The investment could cause Monumental to drop its pursuit of the Washington National. While foreign investment isn’t prohibited by MLB, all owners or members of an ownership group must be vetted, so it depends on whether the Qatari government wants to unzip its fly, as it were, or if they just money-whip MLB much like their friends in Saudi Arabia have done with the PGA Tour and the English Premier League.

The investment is said to be about $200 million. Forbes estimates that Monumental is worth slightly more than $4 billion.

Sure. Because what could go wrong with injecting a Gulf oil oligarchy into the ownership group of an organization as daft and childishly operated as the NHL?

I'm finally back in after days of not being able to get in
Ok, still not able to get on this dang forum when on my home network. I'm using my phone and the 5g Boost Mobile network right now and am obviously having no issues. I replaced my wifi router with a Google mesh network and that must be the problem. Any of you big brained fellas out there know how to resolve the issue between this site and my new mesh network?

Habsy said they're having an SSL issue that the ISP is working on. That can cause certificate problems depending on your own ISP and/or settings and filters in your private network. I'd give it some time and get up with him if it doesn't resolve.

I had a problem yesterday afternoon on my home network and iPad. But it’s all good today, both on my home network and out and about on my phone.

More bloodletting at Bristol Clown College. Jeff VanGundy and Suzy Kolber are among those being let go. Much more to come.

Meh ... Van Gundy will hook on with Fox or Turner in about five minutes, I forgot Suzy Kolber still worked there and the rest of those guys are straight up lucky that anybody ever paid them to be on air. Ever. For anything.

So much for their morning show. With far less people commuting to the office during that once prime 6-10am slot, I wonder just how lucrative that time slot is now?

Back