• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

That’s a thing for people our age. I doubt it matters to our kids,
I guess ... but one could easily make an argument that is should matter. That the loss of properly edited, reliable reporting and deeply reported long form feature writing will certainly harm society. In fact, you can just as easily make the argument that journalism's reduced current state has harmed society already.

I guess ... but one could easily make an argument that is should matter. That the loss of properly edited, reliable reporting and deeply reported long form feature writing will certainly harm society. In fact, you can just as easily make the argument that journalism's reduced current state has harmed society already.
The Athletic is what SI used to be, with a lot of alumni from SI.

And yes, the demise of local journslism especially has harmed society already.

Also, what the hell is Brighton doing there in the top 10 of the EPL table? Palace needs to get their shit together and not let that stand!

Also, what the hell is Brighton doing there in the top 10 of the EPL table? Palace needs to get their shit together and not let that stand!
Brighton have been a solid side for a while. They finished in the top half of the table in the two previous seasons as well.

Brighton had a wonderful player recruitment and development program but it's lost a bit of steam in the last year or so. De Zerbi may have grown a bit stale and they have some key players that are declining with age. It's tough to stay at the apex of your curve in the Prem without serious financial commitment AND a great recruitment program. Brighton have smart ownership, so they'll figure it out.

Spectrum finally realized they hadn't been increasing my bill every year, and it's now skyrocketed. Hockey is one of fcrge few reasons I actually have cable. What subscription service is available, that will allow me to watch all Canes games?

Ballys streaming through their app ... DirecTV's streaming service. Depends on what you're looking for but those are pretty much your options if you want all but the ESPN exclusive games.

Spectrum finally realized they hadn't been increasing my bill every year, and it's now skyrocketed. Hockey is one of fcrge few reasons I actually have cable. What subscription service is available, that will allow me to watch all Canes games?

I switched to directv streaming years ago and haven’t looked back.

I switched to directv streaming years ago and haven’t looked back.
Still thrilled with my decision about six months ago to drop Spectrum for everything but Internet access and switch to YouTube TV. I separately subscribe to the Bally Sports+ service to watch the Canes games, and since they resolved the massive technical difficulties they were having a few months ago, it's worked great.

Still thrilled with my decision about six months ago to drop Spectrum for everything but Internet access and switch to YouTube TV. I separately subscribe to the Bally Sports+ service to watch the Canes games, and since they resolved the massive technical difficulties they were having a few months ago, it's worked great.

I had YouTube tv for a while and liked it. But for my (and my families) watching habits, the directv stream offered a little more.

I was gonna ask about that. Glad to see they picked up the slack on the feed quality.

Back