• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Was at the game with my family (daughter is a Bama student). Although we lost it was a very entertaining game and Michigan just came up with a few more big plays when they needed too. Fantastic time.

Panthers and Charlotte FC owner David Tepper ended all debate about whether or not he really is a clueless dolt as a sports franchise owner by tossing a drink at heckling Jaguars fans as his inept Panthers muddled their way to a shutout loss on the road in Jacksonville ... to a middling Jags team playing their backup QB. Congrats Dave. With Dan Snyder having been catapulted into the sun, the NFL needed a new avatar of owner ineptitude. Good thing the people of Charlotte have his back ... wait.

He was fined $300K

Went to the PWHL Boston inaugural game last night and had an absolute blast. Getting to see Knight and Coyne et al, was really amazing. Most amazing were out of the 4,000ish fans there, about 1000 were kids, 80% girls, who were in their team jerseys or player jerseys just soaking it all in. We had the Boston Pride before, but their arena help about 500 + standing room, so to get 1,000 girls to a game together and watch them see what their future could hold was really dope.

Ahh football

Belichick done ... to be replaced by Jared Mayo

Saban retired ... to be replaced by TBD

Pete Carroll kicked upstairs to be replaced by ... Harbaugh would be hilarious since they hate each other

FSU proved that you actually CAN be put on probation, getting 2 years for NIL infractions

Fun times?

Ahh football

Belichick done ... to be replaced by Jared Mayo

Saban retired ... to be replaced by TBD

Pete Carroll kicked upstairs to be replaced by ... Harbaugh would be hilarious since they hate each other

FSU proved that you actually CAN be put on probation, getting 2 years for NIL infractions

Fun times?
And to keep Mike Norvell from jumping to Alabama, FSU gave him a new deal in excess of $10 million per season. For losing a bowl game by literally 10 touchdowns.

And to keep Mike Norvell from jumping to Alabama, FSU gave him a new deal in excess of $10 million per season. For losing a bowl game by literally 10 touchdowns.
Context matters in this situation. Most of FSU's starters didn't participate in this bowl game. I think they were down to walk-ons for the game? In some positions?

Context matters in this situation. Most of FSU's starters didn't participate in this bowl game. I think they were down to walk-ons for the game? In some positions?
Yeah, they had a bunch of players opt out, either for the draft or transfer portal. But if there are that many players looking to get out of a program that missed the playoffs by a whisker, that’s speaks to a culture problem to me. Of course, I don’t care, I wish all the bad things for them and Clemson.

I mean, this is definitely true ... although asking for context when talking college football is a big ask.

Also, Georgia's guys mostly saw the disappointing bowl assignment as a part of their process while FSU's guys were transactional about their decisions. Not saying either approach is wrong, but it does say something abut the state of both programs.

Back