• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

I would like to take credit for this but I stole it from Twitter.

The University of Tennessee has fired women’s basketball coach Kellie Harper. They lost to NC State in the 2nd round of the tournament. That’s the 2nd time the NC State women’s basketball team has gotten Kellie Harper fired. IYKYK
To be fair, she got herself fired when she was here. If she'd have been willing to hire experienced assistants and let somebody other than her husband do the scouting, she'd probably still be at State. I've been told that it's been an issue at Tennessee as well. Harper can recruit for days, but she routinely gets X-ed and O-ed by veteran coaches.

That kind of sucks for Kellie. I wouldn't call getting to the NCAAT a disappointing season.

It would be nice if the Pack can win both of these titles. Finally put 1983 firmly in the rear view mirror. I was on campus then and it was glorious, but it needs an update!

I'm really glad our 2 teams and students can get to experience this instead of having to hear it from all us old farts for the umpteenth billion time. I told my daughter, who is not into sports, that she needs to go to the Bell Tower just to experience it. It might never come back around.

I want all these kids to think back in 40 years "Damn, that was one hell of a night."

I don't suppose anyone has a Pinto to sacrifice, do you?

IIRC, Tennessee has the second biggest budget in the SEC for their women's basketball program. They aren't in it to be this far behind LSU and the Chickens. She got a little extra time because of pandemic but they were clear when they hired her that Harper needed to get them back to winning SEC titles and at least contending for Final Fours post haste. That hasn't really happened and they're no closer to USC and LSU than they were when she started.

Looks like I'm going to Phoenix for the Final 4. The only way my Mom would let my Dad go was if I went with him. Also, this means I'll miss the remainder of the Hurricanes home games in the regular season. Great.

Looks like I'm going to Phoenix for the Final 4. The only way my Mom would let my Dad go was if I went with him. Also, this means I'll miss the remainder of the Hurricanes home games in the regular season. Great.
Enjoy that with your Dad! A special trip indeed...soak it up!

Flights this late in the game are ... not great.
If you were going to Cleveland, you could drive. Actually, if you left now, you could drive to Phoenix.

One of my UConn friends is probably driving to Cleveland, he went to the men’s tournament last year. He‘s combining it with eclipse viewing, so a double bonus.

My Dad's point entirely. He was in Greensboro in 74, and Albuquerque in 83 (as was I) and he's GONNA be in Phoenix in 24. Sleep and cost be damned

Being in the media I book my stuff so far out I usually do ok with the prices - plus since I use reward points I am able to cancel up to 24 hours before and not lose any money. I hope you are able to find something decently affordable.

My Dad's point entirely. He was in Greensboro in 74, and Albuquerque in 83 (as was I) and he's GONNA be in Phoenix in 24. Sleep and cost be damned
Don't have any fun.
One of my cousins is a Purdue engineer. One of his older brothers is a State ME. We'll have to gang text him this week!
Safe travels.

Back