• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Yeah... I'm diehard Carolina, and while I like that he would be back, this reeks of extorting NIL money from selected supporters.

I hate what's happened to college sports. Absolutely hate it.

Right there with you. How soon before players start getting fined, or lose their contract...er scholarship for breaking team rules?

Jim

Players have lost scholarships for no reason forever. It’s not a 4 year deal, they’re annually renewable. Am I the only one that saw “One on One”?
Nope. This idea that it's a four year ride (and thus a proper chance at an education) is one the enduring myths of college sports. Scholarships are year to year. Period. They get yanked all the time for all sorts of reasons. Kids are leaving to pursue a different or better opportunity? Good.

Congratulations to Army for winning the Army/Navy game in double O.T. 20 to 17. It was the first time in the history of the matchup that it went to overtime.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, my older brother was in the Navy, then transferred to the Coast Guard, while my two younger brothers both served in the Army. The familial trash talk is unrivaled, especially when the older one is a bit of an ass and the two younger bros gang up .

Jim

Not that today’s performance was perfect (four passes on first and goal with Darnold at qb????) but it’s pretty freaking obvious that the Panthers’ biggest problem was Rhule.

Not that today’s performance was perfect (four passes on first and goal with Darnold at qb????) but it’s pretty freaking obvious that the Panthers’ biggest problem was Rhule.
Yeah, that was obvious to most everyone other than the owner. They also need a better QB, but Tepper got focused on that instead of the bigger issue of having a head coach who had no idea what he was doing.

Yeah, that was obvious to most everyone other than the owner. They also need a better QB, but Tepper got focused on that instead of the bigger issue of having a head coach who had no idea what he was doing.
Sounds a bit like our MBB coach issue.

It's NC State... Their entire season is trip mines...
It sure as hell has been since V was railroaded.
I moved here in October 1973 and got used to Stormin' Norman real easily and V and I started at State the same year.
To see what we have now is just god damned disgusting. I hate it for the guys who come and try their level best.

I may be in the minority, but I really like the recent scrum rules in the nfl. It’s just more like what football oughta be.

Back