• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021-22-23-24 News Thread

That’s a lot for a guy that hasn’t won more than half his games since leaving Olympiacos in 2016.
Which is almost certainly why he took the job. When you're a coaching mediocrity and somebody backs a Brinks truck up to your door, you don't say no.

He didn’t. He turned them down and is staying at Fulham.
Mis-read your post and then saw the news after ... dipstick should have taken the money. All he's going to get at Fulham is fired ... sooner or later.

Mis-read your post and then saw the news after ... dipstick should have taken the money. All he's going to get at Fulham is fired ... sooner or later.
Yeah, that’s generational wealth that he’s walking away from.

The relationship between Kylian Mbappe and PSG is fractured beyond repair, to the point where he says he’ll sit out the season to see his contract out if that’s what it takes. Front Office Sports tweeted out that Saudi club Al-Hilal has made a 1 year, $1.1 billion offer for him. It would be a $332 million transfer fee and $776 million salary. They’d allow him to leave for Real Madrid next summer.

The relationship between Kylian Mbappe and PSG is fractured beyond repair, to the point where he says he’ll sit out the season to see his contract out if that’s what it takes. Front Office Sports tweeted out that Saudi club Al-Hilal has made a 1 year, $1.1 billion offer for him. It would be a $332 million transfer fee and $776 million salary. They’d allow him to leave for Real Madrid next summer.
The Saudis, man. Kind of the opposite world version of the Arizona Coyotes.

Men in Blazers tweeted that PSG accepted the fee. So it’s up to Mbappe to decide if he wants to spend a season in Riyadh.

Al-Hilal is a pretty successful club. They’ve won the AFC Champions League 3 times, most recently in 2021. They’re the most successful club in the history of the competition.

Men in Blazers tweeted that PSG accepted the fee. So it’s up to Mbappe to decide if he wants to spend a season in Riyadh.

Al-Hilal is a pretty successful club. They’ve won the AFC Champions League 3 times, most recently in 2021. They’re the most successful club in the history of the competition.
Successful by Gulf soccer standards. Hardly a high bar.

Juventus was removed from the Europa Conference League by UEFA and fined €10 million, the next phase of the penalties that saw them lose 10 points in the Serie A table last year. Juve will be fined an additional €10 million if they fail to comply with UEFA financial monitoring rules.

In a separate action, Chelsea was fined €10 million for submitting incorrect financial information between 2012 - 19. The new ownership group self-reported the irregularities last May.

10 mil for Chelsea is a slap on the wrist. They also self reported it so it kinda seems smart for them to go, we found some things bad that the previous guys did and wanted to let you know before you found out. A small fine seems more than reasonable, don't you think? Especially since we had nothing to do with it and any punishment past that would be unfair.

10 mil for Chelsea is a slap on the wrist. They also self reported it so it kinda seems smart for them to go, we found some things bad that the previous guys did and wanted to let you know before you found out. A small fine seems more than reasonable, don't you think? Especially since we had nothing to do with it and any punishment past that would be unfair.
10 mil for 7 years of lying. The FFP regulations are, like UEFA as a whole, a joke.

US-based Knighthead Capital Management LLC took over Birmingham City last month. They added a new investor today…Tom Brady. He will chair the Advisory Board and “working directly with the club’s board and members of Birmingham City Football Club’s leadership team…on global marketing efforts and the identification of new commercial partnership opportunities.” The Blues have been in the Championship since being relegated in 2011, they‘re the longest serving club in the division. They finished 4th and lost in the playoff semifinals in their first season back in the Championship but haven’t finished better than 10th since and no better than 17th in the last 7 seasons.

Obviously based on the silly username I signed up for Fanhome with when I was a teenager 20+ years ago (crap), when I still followed the NFL, I was a Pats fan. I don't really care about Birmingham City cause I don't live in Birmingham and thus don't care about Villa's crosstown rival or the athlete who has easily given me the most joy going there. Tom Brady is a trainwreck of a human being for all things not football. It was very clear early on that he was going to be one of those athletes who was not going to transition away from the sport easily and was going to be an nightmare to himself and those around him trying to find a place to channel his competitiveness (Jordan at least had gambling, but he's the athlete I'd most compare Brady to in this regard). If I were a Birmingham fan, this would make me nervous.

Real Madrid is going to be in the market for a keeper, and fast. Thibault Courtois tore his ACL. The only other keeper on their first team roster is Andriy Lunin, a 23 year old Ukrainian who has only played 12 league matches for them over the 3 years he’s been on their books.

Back