• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Well, I actually am a little surprised that Sutter got canned by the Flames. For one thing, if they had axed him before his extension kicked in then they could have saved themselves $4 million CAN, but also nobody with a brain could think that their slide this year was his freaking fault. That idiot Treliving messed up the Gaureau thing fifty ways to Sunday and then fundamentally changed the nature of the way they need to play by bringing in Huberdeau and Weegar while losing Tkachuk. Plus, their goaltending went to crap this year and Sutter kept them competitive anyway. I get that he's old and crusty, but his version of how to play the game is actually way more modern than people think. He not only gets the possession game, he probably did more to popularize it than all the other guys who get credit stacked together. New regime, new leadership ... that I get. But it's just more of the same delusional thinking in Calgary to think some new coach is gonna fix a broken roster.

Well, I actually am a little surprised that Sutter got canned by the Flames. For one thing, if they had axed him before his extension kicked in then they could have saved themselves $4 million CAN, but also nobody with a brain could think that their slide this year was his freaking fault. That idiot Treliving messed up the Gaureau thing fifty ways to Sunday and then fundamentally changed the nature of the way they need to play by bringing in Huberdeau and Weegar while losing Tkachuk. Plus, their goaltending went to crap this year and Sutter kept them competitive anyway. I get that he's old and crusty, but his version of how to play the game is actually way more modern than people think. He not only gets the possession game, he probably did more to popularize it than all the other guys who get credit stacked together. New regime, new leadership ... that I get. But it's just more of the same delusional thinking in Calgary to think some new coach is gonna fix a broken roster.
He probably said something like “I told you getting rid of Tchuck was incredibly stupid.”

He probably said something like “I told you getting rid of Tchuck was incredibly stupid.”
I mean, probably ... but they already fired the guy that made that decision. Treliving got canned at the end of the regular season ... finally. This is more like Don Maloney deciding he didn't want Sutter around badly enough to pay him two years of his contract to go back to his farm.

I mean, probably ... but they already fired the guy that made that decision. Treliving got canned at the end of the regular season ... finally. This is more like Don Maloney deciding he didn't want Sutter around badly enough to pay him two years of his contract to go back to his farm.
I heard Tchuck wanted out because Lindholm didn’t like him and did some kind of over the top prank.

I’m happy for them to keep sucking and suck better.

I heard Tchuck wanted out because Lindholm didn’t like him and did some kind of over the top prank.

I’m happy for them to keep sucking and suck better.
This from the same market where reporters insisted that Dougie was a problem because ... checks notes ... he preferred visiting libraries to going out for beers with the guys. Yeah, Calgary writers are a bunch of jackasses and you can't trust a word that comes out of that market.

The rumblings I heard were that the players didnt like Sutter. He supposedly isn't adapting well to a younger generation of NHL.

I don't like that type of hit but since he "drove" through Center mass It's clean to the NHL rules..
I still HATE that kind of hit.. and Trouba's history of going high

Back