• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-2023 NHL Misc. Thread

Incidental body contact only and the contacting player must send a note of abject apology prior to games end.

Until the officials learn how to (or get the balls to) control the ice and police bad behavior, then the players should continue to police themselves. Officiating has always been bad, but it is so bad now it’s getting unwatchable.

When college officials are more competent and consistent than nhl officials, that’sa serious problem. And they are

Until the officials learn how to (or get the balls to) control the ice and police bad behavior, then the players should continue to police themselves. Officiating has always been bad, but it is so bad now it’s getting unwatchable.

When college officials are more competent and consistent than nhl officials, that’sa serious problem. And they are
Amen
we had a game in Mosinee, wisc. and they had a player sticking our players in the face. Coach called the ref over and showed him a couple guys getting stitched on the bench under their eyes and the ref said I ain’t seen nothing and skated away. Coach said Windy, take him out. I did. we both got booted, more or less.

Binnington was suspended 2 games
Good. That dude needs to learn to stay in his shoes and quit going psycho whenever an opposing player makes a hockey move against him. Have fun with that guy & his contract Saint Louise. Binnington might want to spend some energy working out on the heavy bag while he's suspended, just to get it out of his system.

Jim

Binnington is a head case. If he spent as much time working on skill, practice and technique as he does running his mouth, he might be worth that contract.

Amen
we had a game in Mosinee, wisc. and they had a player sticking our players in the face. Coach called the ref over and showed him a couple guys getting stitched on the bench under their eyes and the ref said I ain’t seen nothing and skated away. Coach said Windy, take him out. I did. we both got booted, more or less.
Where are you? I’m in Wisconsin. 🧐

Just outside of Raleigh, Morrisville.
I'm from Madison, high school was West, played some for Rockton and a bunch of the Madison blues/cardinals.
I’m 65, my son is 36. I played back when there were high school club teams. My son went to Edgewood and played for them. Good to see Madison area Canes fans!!

I left west and Madison both in 64, returned in 67, left in 73. I still have a sister that live in MacFarland and a cousin in Monona.

There is relevant reason for this. The NHL teams that this affects have already (or mostly) been paid their rights fees for the current season. The MLB teams have not been paid for the season that starts in two weeks.
MLB is also more dependent on local broadcast revenue than any other sport. And the NHL is more dependent on the box office. According to the chart in the below tweet, MLB gets 23% of its revenue from local broadcast rights. The NHL is only 12%. But the NHL gets a smaller percentage of revenue from national TV and more than 50% of total revenue is seats, concessions, parking.

There needs to be some process for making sure the games are called correctly. You can’t allow a ton of BS to go uncalled and then throw the death penalty when a guy drops gloves and throws hands. There has to be some consequence for the crap that leads up to fights. A big clean hit shouldn’t result in having to fight. Constant slashes or cross checks, running goalies, or late hits etc. need to be penalized constantly. And there needs to be recourse when it’s not. Otherwise fighting is the alternative to bertuzying someone in the head.

The league has to first acknowledge the fact that the officiating is a serious problem before anything can even begin to be fixed. Until that happens and they admit how bad things have gotten, I can’t see anything getting cleaned up.

Fanatics authentic NHL jerseys and Fanatics lower quality replica jerseys. Let the confusion begin.

That article indicates the authentic jerseys will continue to be manufactured at the same Canada factory that has been making the on ice jerseys for 3 decades (that would go back multiple suppliers).

Fanatics authentic NHL jerseys and Fanatics lower quality replica jerseys. Let the confusion begin.

That article indicates the authentic jerseys will continue to be manufactured at the same Canada factory that has been making the on ice jerseys for 3 decades (that would go back multiple suppliers).
Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. Plenty of other uniform suppliers in other sports do the same ... offering authentic and replica versions at different price points.

Disclaimer on anything else I might say about Fanatics from here out, my brother in law used to be a national distribution manager for Fanatics and that company treats its employees like dirt. So, I'll try to keep my disdain out of it but it'll be tough.

Back