• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

However, we probably won’t get the “x-“ unless the Wings loss is in regulation.
We should get it regardless. The first tiebreaker is Regulation Wins. If they get the loser point, they could still get to 99 points, but they can only get to 35 regulation wins. The Canes already have 37, so the Wings lose on the first tiebreaker.

Yeah ... the calendar is just flying by me. I was honestly surprised to check the standings yesterday and see so many eliminated teams. Maybe just because I had mentally eliminated the Jackets, Blackhawks, Sharks and Ducks months ago.

We should get it regardless. The first tiebreaker is Regulation Wins. If they get the loser point, they could still get to 99 points, but they can only get to 35 regulation wins. The Canes already have 37, so the Wings lose on the first tiebreaker.
The question is just whether the NHL’s code for that page takes that into account or just looks at points and games remaining.

Canes have an optional skate today. Noesen, Fast, Orlov, Kuznetsov, Drury, Svechnikov, Kochetkov, Martin, Necas, Chatfield, Kotkaniemi, DeAngelo, Jarvis, Lemieux on the ice before the flight to Pittsburgh.

Be nice if 37 could find a way to be at least a neutral player instead of a net negative. He’s really struggling.

Would like some recs from you STM's out there. We had season tickets from 2004-2016. And then life happened and we let them go. Am thinking of getting again for next year-can you folks recommend a rep? Thanks much.

Would like some recs from you STM's out there. We had season tickets from 2004-2016. And then life happened and we let them go. Am thinking of getting again for next year-can you folks recommend a rep? Thanks much.
I had a great rep, PJ Morin, but he was so good he got promoted. He’s an inside sales manager now.

My rep is Cassie Pacanovsky…she’s still learning the ropes, but is very responsive and helpful when I need her.

Stephen Pratt is my rep.. always quick to respond when I email him with questions or requests

My rep for the past couple of years is Stephen Pratt and I've been very happy with him. He's very responsive to emails or calls.

The rep I've had the last couple of years is quite good and a really nice guy ... Alex Hank

If YOU were given the chance to redraft 2018, would you still pick Svechnikov? If not, who?
I still can't imagine Dahlin not going first overall, and I'd still take Svech over Tkachuk or Hughes based on what we needed at the time and who we would have lost to Seattle in the expansion draft.

Only way I wouldn't have taken Svech is if the Sabres didn't pick Dahlin.

Meh. I really don't get why Jarvis was taken off the line with Staal and Martinook in the first place. That line has been in flux ever since bu ot worked right from Game 1. Maybe they'll go back to it in the playoffs.

Back