• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

why didn’t the coach get canned also?
He’ll probably get whacked after the season when the new GM wants to bring in his own guys. Don’t forget, he was a last minute hire when Babcock got whacked.

Pens placed Jake Guentzel on IR with an upper body injury. He’ll be out up to 4 weeks. The trade deadline is in 3 weeks. It probably won’t hurt his value though.

Great players aren’t always great coaches and most great coaches were shit players. Those that can’t do, teach 🤣

Too bad too because he was my favorite player. Mainly because when I first started following hockey, I saw a great goalie with the same last name as me. Plus, he was a great tipper when he came to Raleigh with the avalanche. 😝

Roy had already imploded as coach of the Avs, so the only hope was that in the meantime he had learned something coaching in the QMJHL. And look, maybe he did and this Isles team is just irredeemably flawed. Or he's just as dumb/crazy as he used to be AND the roster kind of sucks barring a goalie bailing them out. I'd vote the latter.

The Minnesota Vikings beat the BC Lions today 10-7. Eriksson Ek and Kaprizov each had 3 Goals and 3 Assists. JT Miller had a hat trick in the losing effort. Casey DeSmith made only 17 saves on 25 shots (2 empty netters, the game was 8-7 with a 67 seconds left).

After falling behind 5-2 at 14:30 of the 2nd period, the Wild scored 6 unanswered goals in the next 10 minutes and 42 seconds (they scored all 6 goals in a 5 minute 45 second stretch). Only to have the Canucks score 2 goals to bring the deficit back to 1 goal.

Crazy weekday afternoon games.

The Minnesota Vikings beat the BC Lions today 10-7. Eriksson Ek and Kaprizov each had 3 Goals and 3 Assists. JT Miller had a hat trick in the losing effort. Casey DeSmith made only 17 saves on 25 shots (2 empty netters, the game was 8-7 with a 67 seconds left).

After falling behind 5-2 at 14:30 of the 2nd period, the Wild scored 6 unanswered goals in the next 10 minutes and 42 seconds (they scored all 6 goals in a 5 minute 45 second stretch). Only to have the Canucks score 2 goals to bring the deficit back to 1 goal.

Crazy weekday afternoon games.
I believe the record for most hat tricks in one game is four…so just one away from the record today. 🧢🎩👒

Honestly ... they need to take every excuse to schedule more of these weekday games. A nice slate of daytime games on a Monday or Friday almost always leads to some bonkers results.

Meaning that the 6 goals were not unanswered. Maybe 4 were. (Sorry, pet peeve.)

That's a useful pet peeve to share. I'm sure I've been guilty a lot, even though on reflection it ought to be obvious.

(I was referencing something that was in the news this past week. Just cheeky humor on my part.)

Back