• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Caps put Evgeny Kuznetsov on waivers today. He has 1 year left on his contract, $7.8 million cap hit, $2 million signing bonus and $6 million salary remaining.

No one is going to claim him of course given he is a 1 dimensional player who isn't even good at that one dimension anymore and has a fairly long history of substance use.
He wasn’t claimed. The Caps sent him to Hershey, at least on paper. GM Brian MacLellan said he didn’t know if Kuznetsov will report there.

Tim Peel is trending on Twitter, primarily because he’s trolling Leafs fans complaining about the hit that Rempe laid on Lyubushkin.

View: https://x.com/timcpeel20/status/1764146461636255918?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Whether you hate the Leafs or not that’s charging by every inch of the rule and no one should try and spin it any other way. And for anyone trying to spin it as just Rempe is 6’8” oh well…then why did the NHL give him a match penalty on the Bastien hit for the same argument of he’s just a big man. That’s a minor for charging 99.9% of the time.

Whether you hate the Leafs or not that’s charging by every inch of the rule and no one should try and spin it any other way. And for anyone trying to spin it as just Rempe is 6’8” oh well…then why did the NHL give him a match penalty on the Bastien hit for the same argument of he’s just a big man. That’s a minor for charging 99.9% of the time.
I don’t think that’s a minor, that’s either a charging major or a match penalty under Rule 48 for an illegal check to the head.

Charging all the time the way I see it. I was watching that game and almost threw my arm up & was looking for a whistle from my house. Player height doesn't matter as much as intent. The Rangers need to calm Rempe down some. Shooting stars burn hot, but not for long.

Jim

Charging all the time the way I see it. I was watching that game and almost threw my arm up & was looking for a whistle from my house. Player height doesn't matter as much as intent. The Rangers need to calm Rempe down some. Shooting stars burn hot, but not for long.

Jim
Here is another tweet from the beginning of his fight with Reaves. He looked at the bench for approval and got it.

View: https://x.com/jlazzy23/status/1764119316713124063?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Rempe won't have a dance partner when we play the Rangers at PNC on March 12th. I definitely don't relish having to worry about this guy running around trying to hurt our players.

Back