• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Amazingly, Trouba’s elbows have never been in better shape and are kept well conditioned over the course of a full season and playoffs…
He’s pimping for Astro Zenica body scans. Apparently he’s against cancer so that’s good. But that’s offset by being a fan of concussions.

Is it a PSA or a paid endorsement? It’s basically an Astrazenica ad.
It's spelled PR, not PSA. Trouba's public image is so professionally manicured that it makes me want to puke. Dude, your wife is a valuable member of society. You try to give people brain injuries for a living. Quit with the St. Jacob act.

Former Canes assistant Dean Chynoweth was whacked by The Leafs and replaced by Lane Lambert.

Wait. He still had that job in Toronto? Was he hiding in the broom closet when they axed Keefe and the team just forgot about him?
The way the Leafs do business, Chynoweth probably was just about to start on an extension that was kicking in this year (like Keefe). The Leafs clunky D was obviously not Chynoweth's fault. Not sure what he was supposed to do when the GM was bringing in disasters like John Klingberg and then supplementing a faltering D with stiffs like Joel Edmundson and Ilya Lyubushkin near the trade deadline.

Given how many other teams out there desperately could use him, if the Canes can re-sign Brady Skjei at under $8 million per it will be a major accomplishment. Some team out there will be willing to pay Skjei a whole pile of cash for a whole lot of years. The Leafs sure could use him in a big way.

We are not going to be able to get away with 'the area, the team, the coach' and expect that to beat out money, money, money when trying to retain all of the UFAs we really want to realistically keep. It would be pretty darn hard to replace Brady Skjei, hopefully that gets factored in.

Oh, I'm aware that Dean Chynoweth wasn't specifically at fault for anything that happened in Toronto. I'm just surprised that his departure wasn't announced previously.

As for the other stuff, the Canes have a plan for cap management and it's been successful to this point ... which has left them in good but not great shape. I don't like making it about specific guys, because the decisions don't really come down to just one guy. They come down to unit strength and cap structure. So, maybe the Canes keep Skjei, maybe not, but if he leaves then won't be because they're cheap. It'll be because they chose to spend that money in a different way.

.....So, maybe the Canes keep Skjei, maybe not, but if he leaves then won't be because they're cheap. It'll be because they chose to spend that money in a different way.
As in past years, we are not allowed to deviate from the narrative that the Canes and Dundon are cheap. Contrary statements, arguments and evidence are to be met with derision and scorn. Get back in line JB! The Canes are cheap! Dundon is cheap! Cheap Cheap Cheap!!!!!

The Utah hockey team whittles it's name down to six options, none of which are all that great. I guess Utah HC (hockey club) isn't too terrible. I wish they would've gone with something that honors all of the amazing national parks that they have or something to do with bees or beehives.

Back