• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

The AHL will require all players and on ice officials to wear cut-resistant neck protection.

I started wearing the TILO shirt with neck and wrist protection ever since the Adam Johnson incident in England. It's super comfortable and I recommend it to anyone else who plays beer league hockey.

I started wearing the TILO shirt with neck and wrist protection ever since the Adam Johnson incident in England. It's super comfortable and I recommend it to anyone else who plays beer league hockey.

one guy on my team did same, though I don't recall which protective shirt he bought. The rest of us are still bare-necked though I've thought about it for sure. Thanks for the recommendation.

Friedman says the Preds are sending Askarov to the Sharks. No word on the return. The Harks have Vitek Vanacek and Mackenzie Blackwood under contract but both will be UFAs after the season

Edit: it‘s Askarov and minor league forward Nolan Burke to the Sharks in exchange for a 2025 first rounder, top 10 protected, forward David Edstrom, who is under contract but played in Sweden and goalie Magnus Chrona, who played 9 games for the Sharks last season

Last edited:
The Sharks signed Askarov to a 2 year/$2 million AAV extension that kicks in for 2025-26
Tidy little, slick trade to bring in their starting goaltender for many years to come when you consider the first rounder they have to give up will be the higher of the two firsts they hold in 2025 since they have their own and Vegas first rounder.

*presuming he pans out the way everybody thinks he will. Given even the last decade of results, that's far from given.

Former Canes draft pick, goalie Eetu Makiniemi signed a PTO with the Flyers. Had he not gotten injured in 2021, we might never have heard of Pyotr Kochetkov. Makiniemi was part of the trade to the Sharks for Burns.

Columbus had just lost their top goaltending prospect a couple summers ago as well in that terrible fireworks accident. It’s just hard too hard to fathom this news.

I heard the stories last night and was hoping it was just a cruel joke.... 😢

Terrible for the family and all who knew him/them. And that team has been through the wringer the last few years that's for sure.

For those that don't have the time to read the article, here's the tl;dr
Johnny Gaudreau and his brother Matthew were killed Thursday night when their bicycles were hit by a suspected drunk driver
That sentence starting with "Johnny Gaudreau and his brother Matthew..." is great, but then gets worse with each successive word. Again, that poor family. I can't even start to fathom the depths of their grief and their ability to get through it years from now, if ever.

We see it everywhere we travel, scumbags everywhere behind the wheel, texting, driving drunk, reckless, careless, inconsiderate...you just hope and pray it never happens but the roads are full of people that just don't seem to give a shit for others. Another preventable, horrible tragedy caused by a drunk driver with no concern for others...🤬

We see it everywhere we travel, scumbags everywhere behind the wheel, texting, driving drunk, reckless, careless, inconsiderate...you just hope and pray it never happens but the roads are full of people that just don't seem to give a shit for others. Another preventable, horrible tragedy caused by a drunk driver with no concern for others...🤬
This is the biggest reason I sold my motorcycles while I live in Raleigh. When it starts to happen every time you ride, it's no longer a matter of "if", but "when". Drivers are simply horrible and clueless.

Back