• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

If only because I won't have to listen to the frequent "knowitall" guest in the seat behind me screaming "TONYYYYYYYYY" all night, I am pleased.
I didn’t have that, but the guy next to us was convinced he should have been playing on the top pair.

Yeah, there was one of those within ear-shot of basically every seat in the arena, I think. And they all seemed to get super ticked off if anybody complained after his 15th stupid turnover of the night.

Aho will miss TDA playing for other teams. It's a bit crazy that what are arguably Aho's top 2 individual one on one moments in his entire NHL career both involved him embarrassing Tony D'Angelo. Coincidence? Or an indication of how horrible TDA is at defense and not really an indication of Aho's superior skill?

In all seriousness, I'll give DeAngelo one thing. Once he left the Rangers, so far as I know he never once let his politics get in the way of his job. He just sort of sucked at his job.
That’s where I landed, he was really bad at his job. His politics didn’t really concern me, I bet most of the Americans in the room voted the same was as he did. And he didn’t pick any fights with teammates.

Aho will miss TDA playing for other teams. It's a bit crazy that what are arguably Aho's top 2 individual one on one moments in his entire NHL career both involved him embarrassing Tony D'Angelo. Coincidence? Or an indication of how horrible TDA is at defense and not really an indication of Aho's superior skill?
Sebastian Aho the Elder is still around, no? Because No. 20 has also turned his namesake into a pretzel more times than I can count. Encouragingly, he starting working on Trouba last season too. Once he owns a guy's soul, he's a relentless little bugger

Just adding to the celebration of TDA playing for SKA-St. Petersburg. I congratulate him on landing a new gig...far, far away from here. I'm really happy for Tony, but I'm also really happy for all of us. CHEERS!*

*however you decide to read that is fine.

Jim

Good thing it's TDA and not Dougie Hamilton heading to St Petersburg. You'd NEVER get Dougie out of all those museums :0)
Tbf, if they're all as good as the Hermitage, they're worth it. I saw the one show that toured the US decades ago and it was the second best exhibit I've ever seen, only Musee d'Orsay is better. Just flabbergasted.

Kings dman Drew Doughty had surgery for a fractured ankle suffered in a preseason game. He's listed as month to month but expected back this season.

Habs had a tough night. Patrik Laine left an injury after colliding with Leafs dman Cedric Pare. I’ve watched the hit dozens of times and I don’t think it was a dirty hit, Pare is entitled to his ice. But the deflection in Laine’s knee looks like several ligaments were damaged, that could be a season ender. David Reinbacher also left the game early after taking what looked like an innocuous hit but his back hit the boards hard. And they‘ll probably lose Arber Xhekaj to a lengthy suspension for jumping Pare later in the game.

View: https://x.com/marcpdumont/status/1840168395649503520?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Habs had a tough night. Patrik Laine left an injury after colliding with Leafs dman Cedric Pare. I’ve watched the hit dozens of times and I don’t think it was a dirty hit, Pare is entitled to his ice. But the deflection in Laine’s knee looks like several ligaments were damaged, that could be a season ender. David Reinbacher also left the game early after taking what looked like an innocuous hit but his back hit the boards hard. And they‘ll probably lose Arber Xhekaj to a lengthy suspension for jumping Pare later in the game.

View: https://x.com/marcpdumont/status/1840168395649503520?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Ugh... preseason games :(

Back