• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Assuming that the top 5 will be picked before #9, the real variance is the next 3. Among which are Leonard, Moore, Reinbacher, Dvorsky, Benson, Sale, Wood. If there is 4 of those guys that you really like, you do it. If you only like one or 2, don't take the chance.
I'm still thinking we have someone from that group taken early.

Basu’s deep dive involves noticing that teams that make deep playoff run have very few midgets and since we already have Cole for the next decade, we should pass on Michkov.

I say grab him if he’s the best talent avail. If we somehow don’t like having two undersized 45 goal scorers, I’m sure some team will pay a premium to take one off our hands

The real independent variable here though is how the draft falls 5-8. I don't think I risk it. If there's someone I really like and my staff likes? I just take the player at five.

That’s fair… but 9 is dam close and 17 is good.

9, 17, 31/32 & 37 is bigly good.

Depends on how big on Michkov, if still available, they are. Because he won't be there at #9, no way he's going past the Capitals.
Oh so in this scenario its we pick Michkov or trade for 9 & 17?

How is this even a question? You pick Michkov. Habs will maybe get 1-2 more cracks at a lottery pick, they're not going to be in the cellar much longer and then starts another 20 years of tweaking.

Oh so in this scenario its we pick Michkov or trade for 9 & 17?

How is this even a question? You pick Michkov. Habs will maybe get 1-2 more cracks at a lottery pick, they're not going to be in the cellar much longer and then starts another 20 years of tweaking.
I pick Michkov, but the scenario is if for whatever reasons the Habs don’t want to draft him. I’d rather have 9-17 than Leonard for example, especially given that Leonard might still be available at 9.

I
I pick Michkov, but the scenario is if for whatever reasons the Habs don’t want to draft him. I’d rather have 9-17 than Leonard for example, especially given that Leonard might still be available at 9.
don't think he will be.

Back