• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

If that question was asked by either the count or we have, I would say the cost is a night with your mom. But given that you were not, then I will refrain.

If that question was asked by either the count or we have, I would say the cost is a night with your mom. But given that you were not, then I will refrain.
Well if it's a night with my mom, go for it. She's 84, shits into a diaper and sees dead people. Have fun.

what would be the cost to move to #3 from #5?
Columbus might be open to trade for immediate help. They want a center though. I'm pretty sure that #5 + Dach would do it but I wouldn't do that trade. I don't think they're interested in Anderson. They might want young defensemen, I wouldn't trade Guhle, Harris is not enough, and I'm not sure if they would have an interest in Mailloux, Barron or Arber.

Columbus might be open to trade for immediate help. They want a center though. I'm pretty sure that #5 + Dach would do it but I wouldn't do that trade. I don't think they're interested in Anderson. They might want young defensemen, I wouldn't trade Guhle, Harris is not enough, and I'm not sure if they would have an interest in Mailloux, Barron or Arber.
Columbus is taking Smith or the Swede

If Verbeek wants to accelerate the rebuild could trade 2 for a haul .

Team has a nice framework in place and tons of cap space

what would be the cost to move to #3 from #5?
I don't think we get much of an uptick from 5 to 3. If we could somehow get to #2 and Fantilli then sure (depending on what we'd have to part with)

Still, I think Michkov may wind up being better than all of them save for Bedard. If Bedard goes first and Michkov second then maybe make a play for #3 and take Fantilli.

I don't think we get much of an uptick from 5 to 3. If we could somehow get to #2 and Fantilli then sure (depending on what we'd have to part with)

Still, I think Michkov may wind up being better than all of them save for Bedard. If Bedard goes first and Michkov second then maybe make a play for #3 and take Fantilli
what if Michkov is a homophobe and unwoke?

Thats a 10 year rebuild on our hands
Is it though? McDavid turned the Oilers around pretty fast.

It's not touching our defense, it saves us $16M in cap, we can easily add PLD without worrying about the structure, and we now have the hottest young player to reach the league since McDavid.

I don't think Chicago goes for it but yes it is steep.

Is it though? McDavid turned the Oilers around pretty fast.

It's not touching our defense, it saves us $16M in cap, we can easily add PLD without worrying about the structure, and we now have the hottest young player to reach the league since McDavid.

I don't think Chicago goes for it but yes it is steep.

Its gut job part 2 , sets us back 5 years

McDavid had Jesus part 2 on his side and CMD is on his own island of greatness

I like Bedard but my projection is Patrick Kane , I dont recall a 5`9" player ever carrying a team on his back

Plus he went to to the worst possible situation ...Bedard and an AHL roster

I will gladly keep my 70-80 goals plus whoever we draft at 5 plus over Bedard

Its gut job part 2 , sets us back 5 years

McDavid had Jesus part 2 on his side and CMD is on his own island of greatness

I like Bedard but my projection is Patrick Kane , I dont recall a 5`9" player ever carrying a team on his back

Plus he went to to the worst possible situation ...Bedard and an AHL roster

I will gladly keep my 70-80 goals plus whoever we draft at 5 plus over Bedard
Kane is the worst case scenario for Bedard (still a great case). He's going to be somewhere between McDavid and Matthews.

And he's 5'10. Crosby is 5'11. I don't think that inch matters.

For a guy that wants elite talent, you sure don't seems too hell bent on trying to get them.

Reactions: CH1
Kane is the worst case scenario for Bedard (still a great case). He's going to be somewhere between McDavid and Matthews.

And he's 5'10. Crosby is 5'11. I don't think that inch matters.

For a guy that wants elite talent, you sure don't seems too hell bent on trying to get them.
He isnt 5`10, unless he grew recently

I have peeps who know him well , let him grow into his body

Regardless let this play out and see what he does in this big boy league in the next 5 years

we're 5 years away now...go with Bedard
Na , maybe 2 for the playoffs and 3-5 to be a legit playoff competitor

That deal rips apart whatever top 6 we have now and need patience to see develops

I would start parting with kids like Mesar , Roy and others to improve our roster or draft

Back