• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Me thinks a Patrick Kane career is hardly a pessimistic call on Bedard , I didnt call him Yakupov

As you said something between 97 and 34 is top 3-5 elite

CMD has 5 scoring titles , 3 Hart trophies , 1 Richard , 5 first all NHL and 1 second all NHL ... in 8 seasons

I luv this regime , approach , discipline , and no BANDAIDS

If a full rebuild something this roster needed in 2016

Obviously team needs 3-5 kids to hit and hope our current top 6 improves with our D taking it up 2 notches

Habs are in a clear upswing trajectory with a great coach and support team

Caps, Pens, and others are done so playoff spots will be open

All we need now is a NEW MEDICAL TEAM
Dr. Recchi is available.

Those are mostly discussions of what it would take to land Bedard, in many cases it doesn't seem worth it. That being said, Lindros did lead Philly to the finals and might have accomplished more if not of injuries, but that's always the risk as well.
Forsberg was the only big loss.

So if we have a Forsberg. All good!

Gotta know if my gut is right and SJ passes on Michkov because of headaches.

Also, this new information that Bobrov's father is affiliated with SKA is very interesting. Even if they paid them off nobody would never know. 3 years and $5m and we guarantee he comes says SKA. What do you do?

Gotta know if my gut is right and SJ passes on Michkov because of headaches.

Also, this new information that Bobrov's father is affiliated with SKA is very interesting. Even if they paid them off nobody would never know. 3 years and $5m and we guarantee he comes says SKA. What do you do?
We're overthinking it. When you have a top tier pick you go with whichever guy has the most talent, not the one who's the most conveniently located or who plays the position at which you currently have a need. Just draft the talent.

I think that if Michkov is there at #5 Hughes is going to take him. He will take him over Smith or whoever for the same reason he took Slafkovsky over Wright last year. The floors are similar but the ceiling is higher and the physical skill set has greater potential. If Michkov were in the CHL this would be a no-brainer. In fact, Bedard might not even be the unanimous #1 pick among pundits. It's only because he's in Russia that the Habs might even have a shot at drafting Michkov in the #5 slot. He lives anyplace else and he goes no lower than 2nd overall. He may still go 2nd overall. But if he's still on the board at #5 and you don't take him you'll live to regret it.

Take a risk on the talent. Use the Florida pick to get a "safe" player.

It would entail some Svoboda-James-Bond shit, no doubt.
I think if there is a connection between the Bobrovs and assurances made? The Habs would be fine with the 3 years. He's a special player.

If they hired Bobrov last year specifically for this possibility? Full marks to HuGo and let's gooooo!

I think if there is a connection between the Bobrovs and assurances made? The Habs would be fine with the 3 years. He's a special player.

If they hired Bobrov last year specifically for this possibility? Full marks to HuGo and let's gooooo!
Bobrov and Gorton have been inseparable for years.

Back