• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Is it though? McDavid turned the Oilers around pretty fast.

It's not touching our defense, it saves us $16M in cap, we can easily add PLD without worrying about the structure, and we now have the hottest young player to reach the league since McDavid.

I don't think Chicago goes for it but yes it is steep.
I wouldn't refrain for a second (Caufield,Suzuki, first) in making that deal for Bedard. I'd throw in more. Unfortunately, as you say, the Hawks will refrain.

Kane is the worst case scenario for Bedard (still a great case). He's going to be somewhere between McDavid and Matthews.

And he's 5'10. Crosby is 5'11. I don't think that inch matters.

For a guy that wants elite talent, you sure don't seems too hell bent on trying to get them.
He'll be better than Matthews without breaking a sweat.

Na , maybe 2 for the playoffs and 3-5 to be a legit playoff competitor

That deal rips apart whatever top 6 we have now and need patience to see develops

I would start parting with kids like Mesar , Roy and others to improve our roster or draft

Wow, that's the most optimistic I've seen you about our future.

While simultaneously being the most pessimistic person on Bedard I've heard so far. :D

While simultaneously being the most pessimistic person on Bedard I've heard so far. :D
I get where the pessimism comes from. After all, we're talking about a highly-touted player from the Regina Pats. We've seen that movie before and it didn't end well.
1686163788194.png

Kane is the worst case scenario for Bedard (still a great case). He's going to be somewhere between McDavid and Matthews.

And he's 5'10. Crosby is 5'11. I don't think that inch matters.

For a guy that wants elite talent, you sure don't seems too hell bent on trying to get them.
is that your line with the ladies?

Me thinks a Patrick Kane career is hardly a pessimistic call on Bedard , I didnt call him Yakupov

As you said something between 97 and 34 is top 3-5 elite

CMD has 5 scoring titles , 3 Hart trophies , 1 Richard , 5 first all NHL and 1 second all NHL ... in 8 seasons

I luv this regime , approach , discipline , and no BANDAIDS

If a full rebuild something this roster needed in 2016

Obviously team needs 3-5 kids to hit and hope our current top 6 improves with our D taking it up 2 notches

Habs are in a clear upswing trajectory with a great coach and support team

Caps, Pens, and others are done so playoff spots will be open

All we need now is a NEW MEDICAL TEAM

Looks like Lindros to the Flyers.

Zero cups.

Those are mostly discussions of what it would take to land Bedard, in many cases it doesn't seem worth it. That being said, Lindros did lead Philly to the finals and might have accomplished more if not of injuries, but that's always the risk as well.

Back