• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

With the draft being in Nashville, I wonder if the Preds would trade us Askorov and the 15th pick for the 5th pick IF Michkov is available then. Trotz said they want to draft high end talent. And if they do, should we do it?

Last edited:
With the draft being in Nashville, I wonder if the Preds would trade us Askorov and the 15th pick for the 5th pick IF Michkov is available then. Trotz said they want to draft high end talent. And if they do, should we do it?
Only if we acquire 3rd overall in another deal. I don't think the Preds are giving him up after seeing what sorokin did after getting some time to adjust.

Also there's been rumors linking Saros to LA.

Only if we acquire 3rd overall in another deal. I don't think the Preds are giving him up after seeing what sorokin did after getting some time to adjust.

Also there's been rumors linking Saros to LA.
Who has the higher offensive production upside , Carlsson or Smith

Carlsson has less question marks and his D is already very good. He will be a Sundin / Barkov type player from what I've been reading and seen on YouTube

Nothing flashy. Line the two I mentioned. I would be fine with him as a consolation prize but I think he's going to CBJ even though there are rumblings they need to start winning now.

Confirmed by Athletic

We can also confirm a report from Radio-Canada colleague Alexandre Gascon on Wednesday morning that the Canadiens are trying everything they can to move up in the draft. The report cites their efforts to swap picks with the San Jose Sharks at No. 4, but the Canadiens have also contacted the Anaheim Ducks to see what it would take to move up to No. 2.
The cost would likely be astronomical to get from No. 5 to No. 2, but when a player like Adam Fantilli is available, doing your due diligence to determine that cost is a necessity. The chances of a trade up materializing remain very slim, but the Canadiens are definitely trying.

Confirmed by Athletic

We can also confirm a report from Radio-Canada colleague Alexandre Gascon on Wednesday morning that the Canadiens are trying everything they can to move up in the draft. The report cites their efforts to swap picks with the San Jose Sharks at No. 4, but the Canadiens have also contacted the Anaheim Ducks to see what it would take to move up to No. 2.
The cost would likely be astronomical to get from No. 5 to No. 2, but when a player like Adam Fantilli is available, doing your due diligence to determine that cost is a necessity. The chances of a trade up materializing remain very slim, but the Canadiens are definitely trying.
Hugo isnt paying through the nose to move to #2

Back