• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

If Anaheim really wants Michkov, and I doubt it, then it makes sense to trade to five. If that's the cost then people here are smoking it giving Detroit our pick for peanuts.

Leonard it is.

What’s the justification for Leonard over Barlow? Some here were rather high on him.

Hi floor, meh ceiling?

Cristall seems all ceiling. He sounds like he’s a ‘yes or no’ pick. Yes he makes it and is a steal or no he’s in Europe in five years.

What’s the justification for Leonard over Barlow? Some here were rather high on him.

Hi floor, meh ceiling?

Cristall seems all ceiling. He sounds like he’s a ‘yes or no’ pick. Yes he makes it and is a steal or no he’s in Europe in five years.
IMO Barlow is going to be Alex Tuch , a big tough 30-35 goal scorer who competes and willing to take a hit to make a play

Leonard is a 200 foot who plays physical who has more skill , some compare him to the Tkatchuk brothers

Both are legit top 6 players on any team

Cristall ...sure in the mid to later teens on a better team looking to take a flyer on his ceiling

Leonard sounds like a good fit. Ya don’t draft for need.
And it’s good to build and hire for ‘fit’.
And we “need” a centre.
High skill?
I will not second guess who we pick unless the person we don’t pick scores the winner eliminating us from the cup.
If this should occur, my post in regards to this will be most foul.

Back