• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Taking anyone but Michkov at 5OA (assuming that Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, and Smith are off the board by then) is a pussy-ass move. All draft picks are gambles to a certain extent because we're trying to project and predict the future of a 17 or 18 year old kid. So if you accept that it's a crapshoot from the get go then why play it safe? Go big or go home. Michkov is the only player in the draft besides Bedard that has the potential to become a generational offensive player. I can guarantee that no other player on the board when the Habs' turn at the podium comes up will become generational. Smith, Leonard, Dvorsky, Benson, Orville. None of them.

Taking anyone but Michkov at 5OA (assuming that Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, and Smith are off the board by then) is a pussy-ass move. All draft picks are gambles to a certain extent because we're trying to project and predict the future of a 17 or 18 year old kid. So if you accept that it's a crapshoot from the get go then why play it safe? Go big or go home. Michkov is the only player in the draft besides Bedard that has the potential to become a generational offensive player. I can guarantee that no other player on the board when the Habs' turn at the podium comes up will become generational. Smith, Leonard, Dvorsky, Benson, Orville. None of them.
I thought you wanted all Russians banned from the NHL

Cant take him at 5 unless regime is convinced he is a top pair D

Looks like a better Larsson which is decent top 4
Too many good offensive players available at 5 to pick a maybe top pairing D with limited offensive upside. If he was even comparable to Hiskanen I’d take him at 5 but he doesn’t appear to be.

Back