• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

If anyone needs an Anderson type player… it’s Anaheim.

Marek & Friedman were saying there’s plenty of talk Ana wants Lucic because they were too easy to play against last season and want more players w size & grit

Marek & Friedman were saying there’s plenty of talk Ana wants Lucic because they were too easy to play against last season and want more players w size & grit
Also, Zegras, despite his talent, is a bad NHL center. He does not seem interested in palying a 200 foot game. He's more suited to play as a wing in the NHL.

Lucic will sign for around 1M somewhere; his first choice would be a contender but ANA wouldn’t be bad

I hear you! after Hugo trades almost everyone to move from 5 to 4 and then from 4 to 2, only then can he trade all of

Caufield
Suzuki
Dach

to move from 2 to 1.

Draft night is gonna be lit!
Dude pass that shit, seems better than mine!

Reactions: CH1
Would you do it if you were Ducks GM ? Didn't think so either....
If I’m the Ducks and I’m high on Michkov I do it. Both players might end up better than Fantilli and Dach is already established with tons of upside left.
If I’m not high on Michkov I pass.
In fact the trade would only make sense if Michkov is available at #5 and the Habs don’t want to draft him. If Smith or Carlsson are available at #5, I wouldn’t do it as the Habs.

Lucic is washed up and too slow. Anderson still has tread on his tires.

What impact will the present coup with potential of a Russian civil war have on Michkov situation?
I think a coup might work in Michkov's favor (as well as the team that drafts him)

The KHL might not have a season if there's a civil war going on so what incentive would Michkov have to stick around? His contract wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on and the Rubles he's being paid would also be close to worthless.

Back