• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Here's an example, last year's draft. It's it Slafkovsky? Is it Wright?

Nobody gives up a ton to move to 1OA. For a special player? Sure it would cost Caufield but not under non-elite drafts.

Here's an example, last year's draft. It's it Slafkovsky? Is it Wright?

Nobody gives up a ton to move to 1OA. For a special player? Sure it would cost Caufield but not under non-elite drafts.

Fantilli would have been the consensus #1 last year….so moving from #2 to #1 then would have been costly. Can’t really compare drafts from year to year, sometimes #1 nets you Yakupov, other years the #2 pick can change your franchise.

I’m not saying Fantilli is a franchise changer but all you need is one team to believe that in order for the price to draft him to skyrocket beyond what most deem reasonable

Fantilli would have been the consensus #1 last year….so moving from #2 to #1 then would have been costly. Can’t really compare drafts from year to year, sometimes #1 nets you Yakupov, other years the #2 pick can change your franchise.

I’m not saying Fantilli is a franchise changer but all you need is one team to believe that in order for the price to draft him to skyrocket beyond what most deem reasonable
Krust would demand McNopersonality for him

Krust would demand McNopersonality for him
If I’m the Ducks and you want my pick, yeah, that’s about right. And no, they’re obviously not equivalent players but Anaheim has all the leverage so they can require overpayment to get the pick. Come on, you’re a lawboy too, you should understand this.

Reactions: CH1
If I’m the Ducks and you want my pick, yeah, that’s about right. And no, they’re obviously not equivalent players but Anaheim has all the leverage so they can require overpayment to get the pick. Come on, you’re a lawboy too, you should understand this.
the word "leverage" is thrown around here more than rubbers at a cathouse

Not the argument. I said the cost Krusty put is ridiculous.

I know it is. But the Ducks would only trade the pick for a ridiculous return. They need Fantilli too.
Yes but you picked names out of your butt. They could ask for that but only if they weren't interested in trading it, which they shouldn't be interested.

But you continue to state the obvious captain, wouldn't be the same if you didn't.

Back