• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Then you're not listening enough to people around here.

The article may not say it, but trust me, plenty of people in this province will say it, both loudly and quietly.
I'm sure, racism is such an easy culprit. But are you talking about street people or talking heads? I often read the same types whining about the Habs not drafting enough quebecois but it's been a while since I read about racist conspiracy to explain why the Q is lagging behind in terms of prospects.

Both.

Quebec has a large amount of population that think the English and les hostis d'immigrants (who might as well be one and the same) are out to get 'em. It's not a coincidence that Rejean Tremblay still gets work on the radio here or that RDS & TVA still employ a bunch of them who say crazy shit off the air.

One of them just publicly retired and he used to do radio hits in the same building I worked in. I'd see him from time to time, outside having a smoke or inside the building, and I'd sometimes overhear him. He had some less than complimentary things to say about a certain player that used to play here who had darker skin.

I'm sure, racism is such an easy culprit. But are you talking about street people or talking heads? I often read the same types whining about the Habs not drafting enough quebecois but it's been a while since I read about racist conspiracy to explain why the Q is lagging behind in terms of prospects.
The same francophone media types who scream racism are the same ones who wanted the Habs to hire Roy as GM so as to ensure their continued access to the 7th floor. They don't care that the franchise would continue being a joke and a circus.

Leonard, Smith & Perreault are all going to the NCAA next year. Wouldn't be shocked if they all signed an ELC at the end of the upcoming season and played a few games in the NHL.

Fantilli's considering going back to the NCAA, but I'm not sure why he'd want to do that. He's ready to be in the NHL as is.

It seems like Danny Briere really wants Michkov, and I can see why - the Flyers badly need a star, game-breaking forward, as they are beyond boring to watch, and, unlike the Habs, are in a very competitive pro. sports market. If we're not drafting MM at 5, assuming he's still there when our pick is on the clock, I wonder if he'd be willing cough up the 7th pick, the 22nd pick, and either Tyson Foerster or Cam York for picks 5 and 31? That would be only scenario pursuant to which I'd trade with them.

That’s kinda interesting.
I'm trying. If the Habs are really opposed to taking MM if he's there at 5, HuGo really needs to leverage (sorry, Count) that pick for all it's worth, and I think it's worth a lot to a few teams (Philly, Nashville, Caps and maybe Detroit). Staying at 5 just to draft Ryan Leonard is pointless.

Reactions: CH1
Back