• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

It seems like Danny Briere really wants Michkov, and I can see why - the Flyers badly need a star, game-breaking forward, as they are beyond boring to watch, and, unlike the Habs, are in a very competitive pro. sports market. If we're not drafting MM at 5, assuming he's still there when our pick is on the clock, I wonder if he'd be willing cough up the 7th pick, the 22nd pick, and either Tyson Foerster or Cam York for picks 5 and 31? That would be only scenario pursuant to which I'd trade with them.
5th + 31st
for
7th + 22nd + Foerster

I would do without even blinking.

Or, alternatively, 5th & a mid-round pick (3rd?) for 7th + 22nd

5th + 31st
for
7th + 22nd + Foerster

I would do without even blinking.

Or, alternatively, 5th & a mid-round pick (3rd?) for 7th + 22nd
I think we can extract a good young NHL ready prospect from them. They are irrelevant right now in Philly. The Union are more popular.

If Leonard's our guy and we're out on Michkov, and Philly wants to move up?

I think there's a virtual guarantee that Arizona's taking Reinbacher at 6 if he's there, so moving back to 7 doesn't change much.

The closer we get to the draft, the more I want us to trade down. There's no a single player besides Michkov I'd be thrilled to take at 5.

I think we can extract a good young NHL ready prospect from them. They are irrelevant right now in Philly. The Union are more popular.
I think the first trade option might be a little much to move up two slots, even if they really want Michkov. But fuck it, I'd try it anyway.

It seems like Danny Briere really wants Michkov, and I can see why - the Flyers badly need a star, game-breaking forward, as they are beyond boring to watch, and, unlike the Habs, are in a very competitive pro. sports market. If we're not drafting MM at 5, assuming he's still there when our pick is on the clock, I wonder if he'd be willing cough up the 7th pick, the 22nd pick, and either Tyson Foerster or Cam York for picks 5 and 31? That would be only scenario pursuant to which I'd trade with them.
7 + 22 for Hart + 5OA

If Leonard's our guy and we're out on Michkov, and Philly wants to move up?

I think there's a virtual guarantee that Arizona's taking Reinbacher at 6 if he's there, so moving back to 7 doesn't change much.

The closer we get to the draft, the more I want us to trade down. There's no a single player besides Michkov I'd be thrilled to take at 5.
I want Hughes to rip off a team big time

Sounds like we ask really gay questions, who comes up with that garbage?
they are like the questions I was asked when I applied for a job with the DOJ 30 years ago. Your secretary fucks up badly and you cannot hand it in to court as is, what do you do,,,

The best answer would be to fire her ass but of course that is not the answer they want to hear,,,

I guess the Civic v Ferrari question is more a team vs individual thing, more reliable, less expensive to repair etc, but yeah it is a stupid question

they are like the questions I was asked when I applied for a job with the DOJ 30 years ago. Your secretary fucks up badly and you cannot hand it in to court as is, what do you do,,,

The best answer would be to fire her ass but of course that is not the answer they want to hear,,,

I guess the Civic v Ferrari question is more a team vs individual thing, more reliable, less expensive to repair etc, but yeah it is a stupid question
Reliability, dependability - I.e starts every time the keys put in the ignition / start button pressed

Back