• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

It's too early for him. I would have rolled the dice with Michkov but they seemed to settle with the safer pick.

Very bizarre draft. Then the report about how they tried to get that kid in the 3rd. Just do it then. That’s not a hard trade to make.

Seemed uncertain and unsure of their approach this draft

I don't think there is a single kid in this draft I'm excited about besides Reinbacher. Complete opposite of last year. No idea what they were doing this year.

Ok, Reinbacher, Newhook and Fowler are ok.

Last year was just a much stronger draft, but we also managed to get Dach while keeping 4 picks in the first 2 rounds so that helped.

I don't think there is a single kid in this draft I'm excited about besides Reinbacher. Complete opposite of last year. No idea what they were doing this year.
They were throwing darts at the goalie pool... "One of them's bound to hit right!?"

They look like they have no clue who they like, besides Reinbacher.

Basically the same as me when i play franchise mode, I have the first round all scouted, then after that I Just go by who's name sounds cool.

They were throwing darts at the goalie pool... "One of them's bound to hit right!?"

Basically the same as me when i play franchise mode, I have the first round all scouted, then after that I Just go by who's name sounds cool.
My thoughts as well. The whole process seemed scattered, like they couldn’t decide what to do. Hesitant. The 3 goalies thing is totally baffling. At least they have upside. Seems like a pretty limited upside draft. Arbor’s brother in the 4th round was totally baffling

That's how they found Shesterkin (4th round) and Georgiev (undrafted).

Its a numbers game and it does work.

Bobrov: "We're building a culture here" and then elaborates basically saying Michkov was a no without saying it.

Back