• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Random thought...

Detroit traded for Klim Kostin & Kailer Yamamoto in return for future considerations. So, just took on two contracts Edmonton was giving away for free.

The next day, they're buying out Kailer Yamamoto and they're not qualifying Klim Kostin.

Uhhhhh... I don't get it.

It doesn't really hold water for me and frankly, I find it to be a disingenuous argument. Considering there's usually 12 forwards and 3 RHD on each team, the ratio is... let me check the math... just about right.

Then it becomes a debate of quality Vs quantity. There's a strong argument that all three of the RHD prospects could become NHLers, depending on how things go. But around half of the forwards listed won't be. If you take out the first 6 listed, Caufield-Suzuki-Dach-Slafkovsky-Newhook-RHP, which of the remaining guys are you convinced, without a doubt, that they're NHLers? The only one I have no doubts about is Beck. And of all those players listed, Michkov is better than all of 'em.

Two league sources said that Drury has been quietly shopping Alexis Lafrenière, who is a restricted free agent. Unless there’s a way to get some value back, this one seems likely to end with Lafrenière remaining a Ranger on a short-term deal for his second contract. A former No. 1 pick who’s 21 and hasn’t been given a real shot at top-six/power-play minutes would be attractive to some teams but not at any real cost. Something to watch at the very least.

It doesn't really hold water for me and frankly, I find it to be a disingenuous argument. Considering there's usually 12 forwards and 3 RHD on each team, the ratio is... let me check the math... just about right.

Then it becomes a debate of quality Vs quantity. There's a strong argument that all three of the RHD prospects could become NHLers, depending on how things go. But around half of the forwards listed won't be. If you take out the first 6 listed, Caufield-Suzuki-Dach-Slafkovsky-Newhook-RHP, which of the remaining guys are you convinced, without a doubt, that they're NHLers? The only one I have no doubts about is Beck. And of all those players listed, Michkov is better than all of 'em.
That's opinion though. When you look at redundancy there really isn't any at RD, far more at wing.

I was reading yesterday the Michkov wanted the flyers to pick him. There was mention by some insider that he told them he would be at camp in 2024. Then the tweet was deleted over concerns for Michkov safety. Not sure how true this is.
i wondered at draft time if he could co trol his destiny based on interviews he gave.

I was reading yesterday the Michkov wanted the flyers to pick him. There was mention by some insider that he told them he would be at camp in 2024. Then the tweet was deleted over concerns for Michkov safety. Not sure how true this is.
i wondered at draft time if he could co trol his destiny based on interviews he gave.
Friedman said there were only a couple of teams Michkov would play for, Flyers being one.

The tweet was taken down due to improper translation, SKA also said he’s under contract for 3-years and there’s no out clause

Friedman said there were only a couple of teams Michkov would play for, Flyers being one.

The tweet was taken down due to improper translation, SKA also said he’s under contract for 3-years and there’s no out clause
Yup and Habs not on the list

What’s with twitter dying..

Seravalli saying Edmundson for 3rd + 7th - Habs retain 50%

Didn’t MB acquire for a 5th?

Back