• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

too rich for my blood....but also, they probably would ask for more. Their rebuild is getting long in the tooth -- they need plug in play top shelf talent.

Marner for Tkachuk would be interesting but I don't see Marner wanting to play in Ottawa long term.
I think the rationale from Ottawa is that they might be more interested in resetting the rebuild, hence why trading Tkachuk.

Definitely not cheap, but Tkachuk would fit nicely, right age too, but with 4 years left on his contract, that's a bit of an issue as he would become UFA at 28, which is a difficult spot.

Reactions: CH1
too much , plus Ottawa wont do it as they need to win now not keep rebuilding for 3 more years
That's not the noise out of Ottawa. They want to re-establish the rebuild, not win now, which is the mistake they've done in the past few years.

I think the rationale from Ottawa is that they might be more interested in resetting the rebuild, hence why trading Tkachuk.

Definitely not cheap, but Tkachuk would fit nicely, right age too, but with 4 years left on his contract, that's a bit of an issue as he would become UFA at 28, which is a difficult spot.
This is a move you make when our rebuild is over and competing to win a round

Your taking from Peter to give to Paul , not the right time

Apparently he was good in Laval.
As long as it's true that he's coachable, he'll be a very good player. I think ppl confused Hughes' comments about him, he never said he expects him to be a 2nd pairing guy. He said he expects him to be a #2. And I think that potential is clearly there. Big, strong kid. Powerful skater and great stick, and a fantastic puck retriever and outlet passer. I also think his offensive zone potential is underrated. Has excellent IQ. And if his ceiling is to be a minute-munching #2 on the right side, I'd call that a big success. Has to clean-up his defensive decision making a bit, but that's not unusual for his age. HIs performance in Kloten should be totally discarded. Terrible team and even worse coach.

That's not the noise out of Ottawa. They want to re-establish the rebuild, not win now, which is the mistake they've done in the past few years.
Staios wasnt hired to drag the rebuild into 2027 , new owner wont stand for it

They have a solid young core but they cant put it together and goaltending stinks and need help on the bottom 6

Ottawa every fucken year goes on a 15 game shit show and derails their season

A Brady trade is to add new plug and play elements to add to the team , makes no sense for them to add more futures.

They need another stud D and they can nab it with their pick , no chance they lose this pick this year to that fucken retarded penalty , league should be sued over that horse shit move.

A Brady type move is something like this , not the exact team but the framework

Brady + to Buffalo for Peterka , Byram , flip of firsts and Quinn

Last edited:
As Kwesi (Vikings GM) recently said, about playing it safe. "Sometimes you have to take your Clark Kent glasses off and just have a championship mindset and swing for a great player."
The NHL has 32 Clark Kent GM's who are all blind as a fucking bat as soon as they take their glasses off.

Well, Catton had 1.71 PPG this year in the WHL, this sits as the 3rd highest PPG for a WHL draft eligible player over the last 20 years. He only follows Connor Bedard (2.51) and Sam Reinhart (1.75).

As much as people (for some bizarre reason) want to downplay Berkly Catton, the numbers say different. They say he has the potential to be a generational player. And if one looks into the intangibles (drive, commitment, IQ, competitiveness), it only bolsters that possibility. And not to mention he did this on a very weak team, with linemates who had no business on any CHL teams #1 line.
Nothing about his numbers suggest the possibility of a generational talent.

For those that care, Boisvert's lining up to rank Dickinson as his #1 d-man this draft season and thinks his NHL potential is a #2 d-man. Would have a "hard time passing up on him at 5" and thinks he's better than Reinbacher.

(Glad he's been taking my opinions and running with it. :) )

For those that care, Boisvert's lining up to rank Dickinson as his #1 d-man this draft season and thinks his NHL potential is a #2 d-man. Would have a "hard time passing up on him at 5" and thinks he's better than Reinbacher.

(Glad he's been taking my opinions and running with it. :) )
I am all for Dickinson at 5. Then try to trade up and get a forward in the mid-teens if possible. If one of these guys is available in that range... Iginla, Sennecke, Helenius, Eiserman, and you can trade up to grab one, you do it. If not, just take BPA at 26. Maybe you get a Greentree, Brandsegg-Nygard, Basha with that pick.

Kucherov is pretty darn close too
Makar, maybe, if he keeps this up for another 5 years.

Kuch? Great player... absolutely an elite player. More of a franchise player with the likes of MacKinnon, Matthews, Malkin, Pasta, Kane or retired guys like Dionne, Yzerman, Selanne, Trottier, Bure etc.

IMO there's the absolute indisputable generational guys.
Orr, Gretzky, Mario, Crosby and I guess at this point McDavid is on that list.

Then you have the guys that are just a hair below that. I'm not including goalies.
Howe, Lafleur, Lidstrom, Ovechkin, Hull, Jagr, Richard, Beliveau

I'm sure I missed a guy or two.

I like Catton as my pick. Centre with talent. I am not worried about too many smaller players. We can adjust team makeup through trade.

Back