• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

I would have thought something like SamMon or Salmon would have worked better, but I guess that makes sense.

Why do you keep saying this when you know that's not going to happen?
Never mind Dickenson. Just like last year, an enigmatic Russian player will be on the board at 5 and Habs fans will have yet another "what if?" scenario to chew on for the next decade. Demidov could be the next Kucherov or (almost guaranteed, if the Habs pick him) the next Yakupov.

The Habs can't fuck this up. Ergo, they need to take a player who is as close to "can't miss" as possible. Senneke is probably that player more than Lindstrom.

Never mind Dickenson. Just like last year, an enigmatic Russian player will be on the board at 5 and Habs fans will have yet another "what if?" scenario to chew on for the next decade. Demidov could be the next Kucherov or (almost guaranteed, if the Habs pick him) the next Yakupov.

The Habs can't fuck this up. Ergo, they need to take a player who is as close to "can't miss" as possible. Senneke is probably that player more than Lindstrom.
They actually need a homerun.

They actually need a homerun.
Senneke is going to be a top 6 winger. That's at least a ground rule double and as close to a home run as you're likely to find at the #5 spot. Even Celebrini is most likely a triple who maybe scores on a throwing error. Lindstrom could wind up being a good player with a career cut short and plagued by injuries that date back to his junior days.

Does he? I’d consider it. I doubt we’ll be getter more for him in the next 2 years.
Look at his output on a bad team. He's worth more than 10.

Don't think he's worth 10 and Byram though but that's what I'd want. Even it out with other lesser assets

Because there is a strong chance he will be the BPA at 5 and he, partnered with Reinbacher, would give the Habs an elite D1 line for a decade.
I get that part. But wanting something to happen is not the same thing as believing that it will happen, and based on what Hughes has said to anyone who will listen to him, there's almost no chance of that transpiring. I believe you are intelligent enough to comprehend that.

you hate Russians...

Senneke is going to be a top 6 winger. That's at least a ground rule double and as close to a home run as you're likely to find at the #5 spot. Even Celebrini is most likely a triple who maybe scores on a throwing error. Lindstrom could wind up being a good player with a career cut short and plagued by injuries that date back to his junior days.
I want Lindstrom as I support DEI and growing the game

Look at his output on a bad team. He's worth more than 10.

Don't think he's worth 10 and Byram though but that's what I'd want. Even it out with other lesser assets
He also got the opportunity on a bad team with no offensive D to pad his stats

Wont get that option on a contender

I get that part. But wanting something to happen is not the same thing as believing that it will happen, and based on what Hughes has said to anyone who will listen to him, there's almost no chance of that transpiring. I believe you are intelligent enough to comprehend that.

We will likely pick a forward, though I hope it’s not a reach due to perceived needs or external pressure (I think the latter is very unlikely.) Lest we forget Kotkaniemi.

Discounting Dickinson out of hand is foolish.

We have needed a centre for 2 straight top 5 picks and went winger and D. So expect the unexpected.

Back