• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Who?? I think Demidov is better.

Regardless of preference, the difference is almost negligible, I just like Demidov he better and would pick him over Matvei if they were both available.
Yup - one actually seems to recognize there are multiple zones on the ice the other a classic cherry picker

Who?? I think Demidov is better.

Regardless of preference, the difference is almost negligible, I just like Demidov he better and would pick him over Matvei if they were both available.
Michkov has played in the KHL way ahead of Demidov, who has really only played in the MHL... 1 games with 0 points in the VHL, 6 games 0 points in the KHL. Michkov at a much younger age was already being pretty effective in the KHL and last year he was very good.

That said, maybe Demidov will be better... but Michkov has been more established against better competition to every point so far.

Somewhat unrelated, but the QMJHL held the first round of their draft today.

Maddox Dagenais, the son of former Hab Pierre Dagenais, went first overall. They're the first father & son combo to both go first overall in the Q's draft.

If some of you from Quebec / NS / NB watch Junior hockey, there are some names worth keeping an eye on.

Related: Mathias Brunet coached a team a few years ago and a bunch of the players on it were drafted:

View: https://x.com/mathiasbrunet/status/1799864580904005977

Michkov has played in the KHL way ahead of Demidov, who has really only played in the MHL... 1 games with 0 points in the VHL, 6 games 0 points in the KHL. Michkov at a much younger age was already being pretty effective in the KHL and last year he was very good.

That said, maybe Demidov will be better... but Michkov has been more established against better competition to every point so far.
I've read plenty of comparison between the two, and it's pretty much a toss up, split about 50/50 between scouts to whom they prefer. Michkov had advantage of higher competition and exposure to international competition, which Demidov didn't have, an couldn't get international competitions because of the ban. In return Demidov had the most dominant MHL season of all time. Demidov actually beat out Michkov in convincing fashion at the SKA training camp this year and earned himself 4 games with the big team while Michkov was sent to Sochi after being benched a bunch of games and playing only 1. But it's almost impossible to establish yourself with the SKA for a young player so he didn't get much ice time either.

Michkov seems a tad better offensively, better shot. Demidov is more complete of a player, bigger, better compete, 3 zones plays and slightly better playmaker IMO. I like Demidov better, but that's my opionion, others like Michkov more, but pretty much everyone is saying, they're very very close.

Reactions: CH1
I like Demigod more but I like

Michkov + D at #5 this year
more than
Demi + Reinbacher

But I get why they didn’t want to deal with Michkov

I like Demigod more but I like

Michkov + D at #5 this year
more than
Demi + Reinbacher

But I get why they didn’t want to deal with Michkov
Yeah the top Ds in this draft seems much better than Reinbacher, but Michkov seems like a head case.

Being dominant in the MHL is like being the best concert pianist in Flin Flon. Utterly and completely meaningless. It's a garbage league. Anyone claiming that Demidov is the least bit projectable as a future NHLer based on his stats in such a Mickey Mouse league with weak competition is lying, eother to themselves, the rest of us, or both.

Take Senneke, Iggy, or Lindstrom.

Being dominant in the MHL is like being the best concert pianist in Flin Flon. Utterly and completely meaningless. It's a garbage league. Anyone claiming that Demidov is the least bit projectable as a future NHLer based on his stats in such a Mickey Mouse league with weak competition is lying, eother to themselves, the rest of us, or both.

Take Senneke, Iggy, or Lindstrom.
:ROFLMAO:

Back