• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 NHL Draft thread....now in spheremode.

Teams were scared off by the Russian factor last year, and they were shown to be morons after just one season.

I think Habs also have a size bias. Gorton has been drafting 6ft minimum guys since his Ranger days

Mitchkov would have went earlier if he didn’t weigh 155 lbs

I think Habs also have a size bias. Gorton has been drafting 6ft minimum guys since his Ranger days

Mitchkov would have went earlier if he didn’t weigh 155 lbs

I dunno. Demidov is bigger and he barely went earlier. These guys are legit studs. Should have been a no brainer at 2.

Like passing on Malkin for Blake wheeler ot whoever.

Let’s be real. “We cant have two Russians so we’ll skip on a generational talent this year and hope we get one next year” is a horrible strategy and not real.

Teams were scared off by the Russian factor last year, and they were shown to be morons after just one season.

At least the Habs learned their lesson, that’s worth something. The Ducks, and Jackets didn’t.

Their problem is good teams hit on multiple top 10 picks to get superstars, not one.
Lol. Leaf fan take. Your team does stupid shit. It takes checking all the boxes to get a Russian drafted. Look at the history since the kostitsyn fiasco. They drafted Galchenyuk, and American Russian. Then after his fucking attitude nothing.

If the Russian doesn't have an apparent impeccable (at least strongly positive) attitude? No way. This is why they monitored Demidov for two years.

Look how many Russians have played for us regularly since Markov retired.

Michkov is Galchenyuk character. Good luck Philly.

I dunno. Demidov is bigger and he barely went earlier. These guys are legit studs. Should have been a no brainer at 2.

Like passing on Malkin for Blake wheeler ot whoever.

Lidstrom is an athletic freak. Sennecke literally grew into a power forward in the last 9 months.

God bless those GMs whose mantra is “you can’t teach size” because I am tickled pink by the Habs haul last night

Back