• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 NHL Draft thread....now in spheremode.

Don’t get drafting for need outside maybe the top 5 in most drafts. You won’t see the player for 3+ years at least (outside of rare exceptions). This pick prob won’t be ready until after Matthew’s prime is done.

I do think they put extra value in a RD in their best pick available though. And how they got to this decision.
Need and BPA can coexist on a teams list. Obviously Danford was high up there after the top players got off the board.

Looks like they’re exploiting a season totals bias and looking at later year performance.

I do wonder if that’s how some guys slip through the cracks and seemingly come out of nowhere.

Let’s also not ignore the importance of PP time to goose numbers, which can be tough for 16-17 year olds to get in good junior programs.

Also think it pays to look at major jr playoff stats. That’s when coaches stop worrying about long term development and just lean on their best guys. The guys who become good nhlers always put up huge numbers, and that’s against the other teams best guys.

Happy for you guys you got Demidov.

But I'll never be convinced that Demidov Reinbacher looks better than Demidov Michkov.
Don't have to be. It's clear now through reports they did not want two Russians in the top six and they really disliked Michkov's character.

Molson puts political strings on what the GM can do and it sucks but it is what it is. My issue wasn't Michkov. Or was why not take Leonard then or another very good offensive prospect.

Geoff Molson and Justin Trudeau and very good friends. Do with that what you will but we've seen some questionable moves due to politics in Habs land.

RHD is a premium position that moves players up the draft charts. See Leafs pick

Geoff Molson and Justin Trudeau and very good friends. Do with that what you will but we've seen some questionable moves due to politics in Habs land.

You’re really bending yourself in a pretzel 🥨 after telling everyone that Geoff would never allow, for optics, his team to invest a first rounder on a Russian

The evidence seems to suggest the Habs simply weren’t as high on Michkov as the media consensus.

It’s not like the Habs were the only team to pass on him while he fell to 7th

Nope. It took the right Russian. They convinced him. Stay tuned Mr. Higgins.

Demidov was that guy. Michkov wasn't.

Let’s be real. “We cant have two Russians so we’ll skip on a generational talent this year and hope we get one next year” is a horrible strategy and not real.

Teams were scared off by the Russian factor last year, and they were shown to be morons after just one season.

At least the Habs learned their lesson, that’s worth something. The Ducks, and Jackets didn’t.

Their problem is good teams hit on multiple top 10 picks to get superstars, not one.

Nope. It took the right Russian. They convinced him. Stay tuned Mr. Higgins.

Demidov was that guy. Michkov wasn't.

Whaaaaat? So not all Russian men are the same?

Thanks for setting me straight.

Back