• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

What I wonder...

Florida looked flat for the first half of the game. I don't know if fatigue's catching up to them or they just had one of those games.

They made a very hard push in the second half. If they're really starting to run on fumes, how much will that late game push impact their legs on Friday?

Can't wait. Game 6 is must-watch TV.

If the NHL had any idea how to market, they would be pushing very hard game 6 pubs on ESPN. There's going to be absolutely nothing on TV and you the best player in the game at the height of his powers.

What I wonder...

Florida looked flat for the first half of the game. I don't know if fatigue's catching up to them or they just had one of those games.

They made a very hard push in the second half. If they're really starting to run on fumes, how much will that late game push impact their legs on Friday?

Can't wait. Game 6 is must-watch TV.

If the NHL had any idea how to market, they would be pushing very hard game 6 pubs on ESPN. There's going to be absolutely nothing on TV and you the best player in the game at the height of his powers.
Bob is not that good.

Considering Bobrovsky's going to end up in HHOF, I'd say he's decent at the very least.

Prior to game 4, he was the front runner for the Conn Smythe.

That said, he hasn't been good in game 4-5. He needs to show up in game 6 or 7.

And yet, he'll still end up in the HHOF.

Bust in Florida or not, he has a HHOF resumé. Two Vezinas, with one more top-3 finish this season. then two straight playoffs where he's a driving force of a team that got to the finals, who had some whispers about being the Conn Smythe candidate prior to game 4. For reference, Charlie Hodge is the only goalie with two Vezinas who isn't in the HHOF.

Bobrovsky's just had a very up and down career, like a lot of goalies.

I think Game 6 is a foregone conclusion. This is going 7 and if any team can pull off a reverse sweep it's this one. McDavid has just decided he's winning this thing and there's fuck all Florida can do about it.
Nothing is ever a foregone conclusions. Your constant assumptions diminish the value of your posts.

Nothing is ever a foregone conclusions. Your constant assumptions diminish the value of your posts.
The internet runs on hyperbole. Of course nothing is a foregone conclusion (well, except the Leafs imploding in the first round, of course. That train is never late) but "hot takes" are what this medium is all about.

And yet, he'll still end up in the HHOF.

Bust in Florida or not, he has a HHOF resumé. Two Vezinas, with one more top-3 finish this season. then two straight playoffs where he's a driving force of a team that got to the finals, who had some whispers about being the Conn Smythe candidate prior to game 4. For reference, Charlie Hodge is the only goalie with two Vezinas who isn't in the HHOF.

Bobrovsky's just had a very up and down career, like a lot of goalies.
Luongo is a Hall of Fame goalie even though he never met a big game in which he couldn't choke.

The internet runs on hyperbole. Of course nothing is a foregone conclusion (well, except the Leafs imploding in the first round, of course. That train is never late) but "hot takes" are what this medium is all about.
Well then use the correct terminology instead of constantly moving goalposts

What I wonder...

Who knows? People were convinced that Edmonton had absolutely nothing left to give a few days ago.

It’s the nature of the game

Back