• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

I managed to get a ticket for the watch party tonight, above face value, although the Oilers are threatening to void any scalped tickets and ban the sellers from buying tickets in the future. But not sure how they're going to be able to tell either way. I'm also not sure that much work is getting done today at OEG or anywhere else in the city. We had a couple of people call in "sick" this morning and I expect even more will call in "sick" tomorrow, win or lose.

You going downtown tonight, Worm?
I'll be downtown. Tried to get watch party tickets but couldn't.

I'll be downtown. Tried to get watch party tickets but couldn't.
I got mine off a guy selling them on CraIgslist, His name is Yuri so totally legit, lol. Anyway I took a chance as it wasn't a large sum of money and did it through PayPal. It went smoothly through Ticketmaster and I have it tucked away in my Google wallet. But let's see if it scans through the turnstile at 5pm today.

Always laugh at the not real lines. Who gives a fuck? Fun bags are fun bags and if it makes her feel better about herself what's the issue?
I have no issue with a woman getting them if it makes her feel better but I refuse to get excited about them if they're fake. I don't watch pro wrestling or "reality" shows either and for the same reason.

One can never be too invested in something that you know will cause Leafs fans to suffer. If the Oilers win tonight the first thing I'm doing before I even leave the arena, is to check the Leafs board to enjoy the schadenfreude before checking to see if I still have a drivable vehicle.
I win regardless, either I laugh at Florida for losing two straight years in the Final, including the biggest choke in hockey history, or I get to laugh at Dennis King and all the new "oilers" fans except for Kait as she is cool for having the rug pulled out from under them (especially Sexeiro who basically said as a Canadian you have to cheer for the Oilers). I also figure LeafFan will not care nearly as much as you believe they will.

I wonder if WeHave will make into the 30 for 30 documentary on the 2024 Edmonton Stanley Cup riot. The Vancouver one showing now is very good.
I was not present at the actual riot. The office building I worked in at the time is featured prominently, as is the coffee shop on the ground floor that was completely gutted. In the week following the riot I managed to snag 2 free barstools from that place for my basement bar.

I had been working during earlier games in the series that year and noticed how the crowds got bigger for the outdoor watch party in front of the CBC building a block from my office. I also noticed a shit ton of empty beer cans and mickeys in the nearby alleys. I knew there would be trouble as I had been present at the 94 Vancouver riot. As it happened I was off the day of Game 7 so I watched the Canucks choke and the city burn on TV from the safety of my rec property down in Washington State.

I was not present at the actual riot. The office building I worked in at the time is featured prominently, as is the coffee shop on the ground floor that was completely gutted. In the week following the riot I managed to snag 2 free barstools from that place for my basement bar.

I had been working during earlier games in the series that year and noticed how the crowds got bigger for the outdoor watch party in front of the CBC building a block from my office. I also noticed a shit ton of empty beer cans and mickeys in the nearby alleys. I knew there would be trouble as I had been present at the 94 Vancouver riot. As it happened I was off the day of Game 7 so I watched the Canucks choke and the city burn on TV from the safety of my rec property down in Washington State.
Tonight could be the chance to make up for that.

Back