• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I honestly would think we would give Boston a run for their money...of course it wouldn't be easy but man has Chara slowed down and is not as effective as he used to be.

On top of that Rask's numbers are incredibly bad vs the habs

As much as i hate to say this... the Leafs are playing some pretty good playoff type hockey right now. They score on every few chances they seem to get. Im not to sure Boston would be so lucky against them this year.

Imagine how much better the Leafs would be if they had a C as good as Plekanec or even DD.....

I find it intriguing a defensive minded coach like Randy Carlyle, realized fairly quickly in his tenure the only chance the Leafs had to win games was to let his horses (Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Rielly) loose....

Imagine how much better the Leafs would be if they had a C as good as Plekanec or even DD.....

I find it intriguing a defensive minded coach like Randy Carlyle, realized fairly quickly in his tenure the only chance the Leafs had to win games was to let his horses (Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Rielly) loose....

the way we use to play last year...... now we play nj devil style

Tyler Bozak is just as effective offensively as Pleks and DD

His wingers produce and his numbers are pretty decent himself.

As much as i hate to say this... the Leafs are playing some pretty good playoff type hockey right now. They score on every few chances they seem to get. Im not to sure Boston would be so lucky against them this year.

Not sure I'd go that far but they definitely are pretty opportunistic. Great in transition. Of course, a lot of people here suggested they wouldn't make the playoffs.

they were outshot by 60 in three games but won two of them.

DD would be on the Marlies with Carlyle . Bozak is a significant upgrade over the pretzel and I hate the Leafs. Dude is having a solid season , can win big faceoffs , defends well , plays a much better 2 way game

and makes a contribution defensively most nights if that line doesnt score . There is no way the midget would of lasted 20 games in TO after his start to the season .

If Kadri can someday learn to play a 2 way game and be more consistent , that 1-2 down the middle is much better than DD-Pleks , Kadri has serious offensive skills and he has a much higher ceiling .

Their problem is on D , too sloppy in their end .

Pens are beatable in PO . with Letang out of line up specially . the real menace in east are Boston and probably Flyers

they rely on a hot goalie most nights , but dont need many scoring chances to bury goals , ugly to watch sometimes but it works for them

They can actually score goals... thats whats different between them and us. We can play good d all we want, but you have to score to win

Not sure I'd go that far but they definitely are pretty opportunistic. Great in transition. Of course, a lot of people here suggested they wouldn't make the playoffs.

We played fire wagon hockey last year and had one of the best offensive teams in the league. It frustrating to know you have one of the fastest teams in the league and forced to play like this. The leafs are more entertaining to watch that this poorly coached bunch.

We played fire wagon hockey last year and had one of the best offensive teams in the league. It frustrating to know you have one of the fastest teams in the league and forced to play like this. The leafs are more entertaining to watch that this poorly coached bunch.

Those were exactly my thoughts watching the Leafs game last night. They can win with this style but we can't (when we did last season)? And we have a better goalie (although Bernier has been very good for them).

Has anyone in the Montreal media even asked Therrien why he changed the team's style of play this season?

Those were exactly my thoughts watching the Leafs game last night. They can win with this style but we can't (when we did last season)? And we have a better goalie (although Bernier has been very good for them).

Has anyone in the Montreal media even asked Therrien why he changed the team's style of play this season?

To lower Prices goals against average... to make the Olympic team

I still think QC gets a team. They are for sure in the top 3 cities to get one next.

lol Montreal is still in Quebec for now unfortunately. But wouldn't we have the same issues? I know they are trying to get a city state or partition movement going which everyone I speak to loves the idea, but who knows how long until a real movement gets going to save this city from the toxic political situation.

Yes, Montreal is still in Quebec but it's a world away from Quebec City. Montreal, despite the pequistes' best efforts to purge all non-francophone influence from view, is still a very cosmopolitan city. Quebec City, however, is a quaint provincial backwater with scarecely two English-speaking people to rub together. Eric Lindros is on record as saying that had he been drafted by the Habs he would have gladly reported to Montreal and played. But Quebec City was a non-starter for him. Two different worlds, which is why the idea of Montreal separating from the rest of Quebec makes sense. Unfortunately it will never happen. If Montreal left Quebec then the pequistes would no longer have any ethnic or linguistic minorities to blame for everything that goes wrong. They'd have to look in the mirror instead. And Montreal represents a huge pile of tax money too. They'd never want to let that go.

They can actually score goals... thats whats different between them and us. We can play good d all we want, but you have to score to win

Also Carlyle plays his players in proper roles and when you stink , he slides you down the lines .

Unlike numbnuts we have regardless what happens his chosen few have 9 lives .

Back