• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Just like I said, 5th or even 6th by Sat morning since they were going to lose to Boston... Habs better get their act in gear as 9th place Detroit is 4 pts behind with a game in hand.

I'll be shocked if Mtl does not come out of this weekend with 4 pts, Ottawa and Buffalo should both be victories.

Unless the Caps pull a "Sens" - If the Habs win tonight they're back in 3rd.

I don't think you quite understand just how good teams like the Red Wings and Caps have to play and just how bad the Habs have to play in order for the Habs to miss the playoffs.

If the Habs win tonight they will be 5-4-1 in their last 10 (with backups playing the majority of those games), and will be in the exact same position they were before those 10 games were played.

Last edited:

I figure 94 points should be enough to get into the playoffs. Habs need about 15 points in their last 14 games, so they still can't quite mail it in.

Halak shuts the door after giving up the 2nd goal, Caps hang on for the win.

If they win tonight MTL will be 7 points up on the first non wildcard team, and both will have 13 games left.

That means Washington will need to gain 8 points on them to pass MTL.

For example: For Washington to make the playoffs
playoffs; if they go 10-3 -- Montreal will need to go 6-7.

Last edited:

If they win tonight MTL will be 7 points up on the first non wildcard team, and both will have 13 games left.

That means Washington will need to gain 8 points on them to pass MTL.

For example: For Washington to make the playoffs
playoffs; if they go 10-3 -- Montreal will need to go 6-7.

Ha...the scenario is probably better for the Wings, they still have 16 games left.

I say we finish in 2-3 in the division. Then we have nothing to worry about

Slightly yes.

If MTL wins tonight they will be 8 points up on Detroit. The Wings will have 16 games left and MTL will have 13.

If MTL goes 6-7, Detroit will need to go 11-5.

Slightly yes.

If MTL wins tonight they will be 8 points up on Detroit. The Wings will have 16 games left and MTL will have 13.

If MTL goes 6-7, Detroit will need to go 11-5.

11-5 heheheh
That should be enough to make a grown expo cry

A Leafs win probably would have been better for us. Oh well.

I see your point meaning we distance ourselves from non playoff teams but i think we're ok and if you ask me there's more value to us in the Leafs losing so we can finish somewhere in the division rather than wildcard

I see your point meaning we distance ourselves from non playoff teams but i think we're ok and if you ask me there's more value to us in the Leafs losing so we can finish somewhere in the division rather than wildcard

Im hoping for a Tampa - Habs series

Back