• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I'd hate to play the Laffs in the playoffs.

Worse case scenario ever... especially if we lose!

sometimes I wonder if this site is full of fans or just people scared of their own shadows

I've tried to explain this a number of times.

The Leafs don't match up well against the Habs. We should be hoping for a Leafs first round matchup.

Hab fans are just scared of having to deal with Leaf fans IF the Leafs end up beating us.

The great thing about a Leaf fan is that there is no expectation to win anything, so if they win a series along the way they will chirp like crazy. The Leafs have made the playoffs once in the last 9 years. Any success they have is just a bonus for their fans.

However, when you break it down, the Habs should prefer playing the Leafs in the first round.

Leafs are the weirdest freaking team in the NHL, I want no part of them. They came within minutes of making it to the Stanley Cup final last year. Yes, they would have made it to the finals if they beat the Bruins. This city would have been unbearable.

Leafs are the weirdest freaking team in the NHL, I want no part of them. They came within minutes of making it to the Stanley Cup final last year. Yes, they would have made it to the finals if they beat the Bruins. This city would have been unbearable.
e

They fear losing to us as much as we fear losing to them. I think it would be an excellent fun series.

I've tried to explain this a number of times.

The Leafs don't match up well against the Habs. We should be hoping for a Leafs first round matchup.

Hab fans are just scared of having to deal with Leaf fans IF the Leafs end up beating the Habs.

The great thing about a Leaf fan is that their is no expectation to win anything, so if they win a series along the way they will chirp like crazy.

However, when you break it down, the Habs should prefer playing the Leafs in the first round.

Not true, we are about 500 against them over the past few years even though they have been mostly the inferior team. I think we underachieve against them.

Now it the Hawks can hold on and win... this has been the perfect hockey day

Pure fear. These Leafs are not physical.

Speed can expose our D, which is on the slow side. That's the real problem we have with the Leafs. To beat them , Price will have to be outstanding and Subban will have to play 30 minutes a game and dominate.

Back