• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I agree with Wiseguy1... Even back in the 90s, the Laffs would give us fits!!! And they still believe they would have beaten us if it wasn't for Gretzky and the refs in 1993 :couch

Leafs are the weirdest freaking team in the NHL, I want no part of them. They came within minutes of making it to the Stanley Cup final last year. Yes, they would have made it to the finals if they beat the Bruins. This city would have been unbearable.

So I guess we were an ot goal from cup win in 2011? I understand your fear, I had in 2011 when I hated getting up in am on game days as office was full of smiling whales. Still when we beat Leafs you will ve untouchable for years.

Teuvo Teravainen could see time in the Blackhawks' lineup before the end of the season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ks-red-wings-spt-0317-20140317,0,604263.story

More offense. Just what the Hawks need.

And I love this part of the article:
ov
"Teravainen has been penciled in as the Hawks' No. 2 center for the 2014-15 season and could get a look there down the stretch of '13-14. The spot is currently held my veteran Michal Handzus."

So a guy drafted much lower than 27, who hasn't even played yet in the NHL, is apparently ready for top 6 duty at center on one of the league's best, while our guy, no. 3 overall on a truly mediocre team that has trouble scoring, futzes away on the wing . . . Nice.

Last edited:

Wes Crosby
Letang says he's sure the hole in his heart caused the stroke. Still not fully healthy.

Letang on contact: Guys were being careful in the corner. I told them they can go as hard as they can. That's the reason I'm out there

Kris Letang on playing this season: I'm on the ice today bc I want to return. I'll be able to play again. I don't know when

ov
"Teravainen has been penciled in as the Hawks' No. 2 center for the 2014-15 season and could get a look there down the stretch of '13-14. The spot is currently held my veteran Michal Handzus."

So a guy drafted much lower than 27, who hasn't even played yet in the NHL, is apparently ready for top 6 duty at center on one of the league's best, while our guy, no. 3 overall on a truly mediocre team that has trouble scoring, futzes away on the wing . . . Nice.

no need to rush our players, let them learn, hell let them play 2-3 years in Hamilton to learn....

the one thing though is that Handzus is not as good as Desharnais and Plekanec so no surprise that the Finn can move ahead of him

ov

Frustrating, Chucky is not taking the next step being played the way he is.

ov

:worshippy::worshippy::thumbsup(22):

So I guess we were an ot goal from cup win in 2011? I understand your fear, I had in 2011 when I hated getting up in am on game days as office was full of smiling whales. Still when we beat Leafs you will ve untouchable for years.

Not the same thing at all, we were not even close to beating the Flyers in that series. Vastly outplayed.

Not the same thing at all, we were not even close to beating the Flyers in that series. Vastly outplayed.

I think he means the OT loss in the first round we had with Boston a few years ago. Boston went on to win the cup that year.

I think he means the OT loss in the first round we had with Boston a few years ago. Boston went on to win the cup that year.

Ah OK got my years mixed up. Maybe identical, although Tampa put up more of a fight in the Eastern Final than the Pens did.

Wrong year. Think about what you wrote originally and my response. You will figure it out.

Wrong year. Think about what you wrote originally and my response. You will figure it out.

Let's put the emotions aside, bottom line, our defense is mostly too slow for the Leafs forwards. Heck we don't even out shoot that team by a wide margin, almost every other team in the league does.

You are avoiding. You stated that the Leafs would have made Finals if they beat Bruins. We lost to them in ot in 2011 so using your logic we would have gone to Finals and won cup too.

Let's put the emotions aside, bottom line, our defense is mostly too slow for the Leafs forwards. Heck we don't even out shoot that team by a wide margin, almost every other team in the league does.

It is way too slow.

You are avoiding. You stated that the Leafs would have made Finals if they beat Bruins. We lost to them in ot in 2011 so using your logic we would have gone to Finals and won cup too.

I didnt avoid the question, i answered Bolduke's correction. Tampa put up a better fight than the Pens did in the two finals against the Bruins. So maybe not equal.

Back