• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Tampa's up 3-0 after two periods against vancouver, if the score holds that will put them back into 3rd in the division.

Let's put the emotions aside, bottom line, our defense is mostly too slow for the Leafs forwards. Heck we don't even out shoot that team by a wide margin, almost every other team in the league does.

I'm really not sure why you're so scared of the Leafs.

They don't create many chances (we have Carey Price), and they don't play physical (we have a smaller team).

Also, they essentially have one line and terrible D.

It makes no sense whatsoever that people think we can beat the Pens, but not the Leafs.

It's all fear. The thought of having to deal with Leaf fans is creating this paranoia.

We're a better team than the Leafs. We're not a better team than Pens.

They don't create many chances (we have Carey Price), and they don't play physical (we have a smaller team).

It makes no sense whatsoever that people think we can beat the Pens, but not the Leafs.

It's all fear. The thought of having to deal with Leaf fans is creating this paranoia.

Subban is the only D man I trust out there on the ice against them, the rest , you basically pray they wont get beaten. Their D is bad, but we don't finish on our chances enough anyway.

Wouldnt that drop us down to 3rd?

You're right sorry, I always look at the Conference Standings, Tampa's win puts them 2nd in the division and Habs drop to 3rd in the division and 4th in the conference.

why the pens?

we should not have to worry about pens or bruins until after round 1

im not afraid of any team.... actually the team i fear the most of the non pens/bruins are the jackets

I think we have a chance to beat any team we face in the East....there's no SJ, Chicago, St.Louis or LA in the east that would take us out in 5

Odds are showing that we have roughly a 30 percent chance of a date with Tampa come playoff time. Only 7 for Toronto.

Odds are showing that we have roughly a 30 percent chance of a date with Tampa come playoff time. Only 7 for Toronto.

That seems awfully low percentage for a possible matchup with the Leafs considering the three teams are neck and neck

That seems awfully low percentage for a possible matchup with the Leafs considering the three teams are neck and neck

the odd thing it is has us now at almost 95 percent chance of making the playoffs. Leafs around 84. Must be based on upcoming matches and all kinds of things. We are only 1 point apart lol

If 2010 taught us anything, it's that we have nothing to fear from the Pens. No team with MA Fleury as their #1 goalie needs to be feared, even a team with Crosby and Malkin. The Leafs have better goaltending than Pittsburgh so we should fear them more.

If 2010 taught us anything, it's that we have nothing to fear from the Pens. No team with MA Fleury as their #1 goalie needs to be feared, even a team with Crosby and Malkin. The Leafs have better goaltending than Pittsburgh so we should fear them more.

Maybe they should fear us....

Especially from what I saw this weekend when Philly swept the back to back with Pitts.

They can certainly be beat

the odd thing it is has us now at almost 95 percent chance of making the playoffs. Leafs around 84. Must be based on upcoming matches and all kinds of things. We are only 1 point apart lol

I think they base some of it off of GF/GA. They have us as a .505 strength, and the Leafs at .480, presumably since we're even GF/GA and they're negative. And I guess that little bit is enough to put them in a wildcard spot.

Back