• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I think the Habs defense can handle the rough stuff. But can they handle speed? That's the question.

Especially from what I saw this weekend when Philly swept the back to back with Pitts.

They can certainly be beat

Not to mention they accomplished absolutely nothing against the Bruins in the Eastern final last year.

Not to mention they accomplished absolutely nothing against the Bruins in the Eastern final last year.

We match up well against them, we have players that play well vs stars

A Leaf win would have been helpful tonight.

Nah. Our main battles right now are with Tampa and Toronto. We need to stay ahead of one of them to make sure we get that 2 or 3 spot, and avoid Boston/Pittsburgh in round 1. Detroit is not someone we need to worry about.

Nah. Our main battles right now are with Tampa and Toronto. We need to stay ahead of one of them to make sure we get that 2 or 3 spot, and avoid Boston/Pittsburgh in round 1. Detroit is not someone we need to worry about.

this

If I were in the Leafs place, I wouldn't be panicking yet - at least for a playoff spot. But their odds of avoiding the wildcard is dropping fast. Still need a few more losses before they have to really worry about a playoff spot.

If I were in the Leafs place, I wouldn't be panicking yet - at least for a playoff spot. But their odds of avoiding the wildcard is dropping fast. Still need a few more losses before they have to really worry about a playoff spot.

Tomorrow night's game against Tampa is a huge one for them.

Just 5 points ahead of the 9th place Wings, and the Wings have 2 games in hand.

actually i was only kidding. i was comparing the way we panic here after we lose a few. the leafs are in good shape

Just 5 points ahead of the 9th place Wings, and the Wings have 2 games in hand.

we should be worrying about home ice...not making the playoffs

if we have to worry about the wings we should undo the vanek trade

edit: oh you are talking about the leafs...

Though even chasing home ice, I think as long as the Leafs game tomorrow ends in regulation we should be fine either way. I want home ice, but a Lightning win would go a long way to making absolute sure we're a top-3 team. But the Leaf win is better for us securing home ice. Torn either way.

Detroit is one of the teams that can bump a current playoff team. Teams like Detroit, Washington and Columbus are the teams we want to lose.

A Leaf win is never good...we're in the playoffs, its all about placement now and not finishing in the wildcard

When they are playing teams that can bump us out of a playoff spot we should be pulling for them to win.

At this point it's about removing the teams that can remove us from the playoffs.

Though even chasing home ice, I think as long as the Leafs game tomorrow ends in regulation we should be fine either way. I want home ice, but a Lightning win would go a long way to making absolute sure we're a top-3 team. But the Leaf win is better for us securing home ice. Torn either way.

In reality we've been fine for over 2 months now. Just something about us Habs fans and paranoia.

Back