• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Elliotte Friedman
SJ outshot FLA 29-2 in third period, lost 3-2. Luongo made 52 saves

Wow!!

Ben Raby
If Jaroslav Halak could play every game vs a Bruce Boudreau team...

Carolina didn't even get a shot in the 3rd and they still managed to win vs CBJ

The best part of the Sens downfall is that they're not even going to benefit from their own lottery pick as they traded it in the Ryan deal

The TB/Leaf game is on TSn tonight...should be a good one

The TB/Leaf game is on TSn tonight...should be a good one

Donnie, you know it's gonna be a 3 pointer, don't you. I'm sure the teams have already "agreed" on which team will score the tieing goal in regulation.

Last edited:

Donnie, you know it's gonna be a 3 pointer, don't you. I'm sure the team have already "agreed" on which team will score the tieing goal in regulation.

I was thinking the same and the Leafs are notorious for going into extra time.

But I'm banking on the fact the Leafs may be out of gas as they just finished a grueling road trip last night and won't have much turnaround to rest

Personally, if we can maintain the pace and TB can pull away from the Leafs we can start looking toward a TB/Hab matchup in round one

I was thinking the same and the Leafs are notorious for going into extra time.

But I'm banking on the fact the Leafs may be out of gas as they just finished a grueling road trip last night and won't have much turnaround to rest

Personally, if we can maintain the pace and TB can pull away from the Leafs we can start looking toward a TB/Hab matchup in round one

I don't like that match-up.

I would've agreed before the Vanek acquisition - the games vs Bishop this year, no Hab has been able to corral rebounds from in close, and he gives out a lot of rebounds. Vanek changes that narrative IMO.

I like it a lot actually, especially without St. Louis on that team anymore, the guy always had great games vs the Habs.

They play a very similar style, very tight defensively but apt to breakdowns

I would've agreed before the Vanek acquisition - the games vs Bishop this year, no Hab has been able to corral rebounds from in close, and he gives out a lot of rebounds. Vanek changes that narrative IMO.

Yes, Bishop is the biggest reason why I don't like it, and the Bolts play it close to the vest, not "run and gun" like the Avs.

I like it a lot actually, especially without St. Louis on that team anymore, the guy always had great games vs the Habs.

They play a very similar style, very tight defensively but apt to breakdowns

Donnie once again setting himself up for a big letdown. He never learns, does he?

Bishop is solid goalie , don't want get him in first round and Price have to yet prove himself in PO!

Donnie once again setting himself up for a big letdown. He never learns, does he?

Personally, between the Leafs or TB it's a tough call but I think I would prefer TB.

You gotta also take into account that the Leafs home ice will be harder to play on than the TB home ice.

Back