• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

yep

bishop will go all anderson on us

Any goalie can go all Anderson or Biron on us, it's all about having confidence even if you're average or just good...Bernier just as much as Bishop

Last edited:

has he slowed down at all?

or he is still easily winning the vezina?

I don't see how Rask isn't getting the Vezina the numbers are there in every category

Any goalie can go all Anderson or Biron on us...Bernier just as much as Bishop

bernier is good too
looks like bishop has slowed down lately....good

it is actually crazy how good the goaltending is in our division

bishop and rask leading the way with bernier and price right behind

Whoever we face in round one we'll be facing a goalie who has potential to do what Anderson or biron has done to us in the past.

So we shouldn't want a matchup based on that...well actually what about Fleury? That's one goalie who will be going into the playoffs with a lot of pressure

Do agents realize that they just put their clients in even hotter water by opening their mouths and complaining in public.

Now Reimer will have to face the music from the media herd about why his agent said that...I'm sure he'll enjoy that

But Bishop, who has never played in the NHL playoffs, has?

People can praise Price winning gold medal with Canada as huge achievement , sorry not for me . for me any Canadian goalie has a great chance to win gold with this Canada team, i wasn't too high when Luongo won it and i feel same with price this time .Price need to prove himself in PO , how many years he has been with us ? and how many rounds he won ? 1 ? with a team that finished first over all in standing in easteren conference and we had hard time beating boston in first round(4-3 when carbo was coach).
all said yes bishop can cause us trouble and i don't buy rookie issue, halak was rookie in PO cam ward was rookie in PO .
Price got out played in PO by pretty everyone from Biron to Anderson to god knows who !

People can praise Price winning gold medal with Canada as huge achievement , sorry not for me . for me any Canadian goalie has a great chance to win gold with this Canada team, i wasn't too high when Luongo won it and i feel same with price this team .Price need to prove himself in PO , how many years he has been with us ? and how many rounds he won ? 1 ? with a team that finished first over all in standing in easteren conference and we had hard time beating boston in first round(4-3 when carbo was coach).
all said yes bishop can cause us trouble and i don't buy rookie issue, halak was rookie in PO cam ward was rookie in PO .
Price got out played in PO by pretty everyone from Biron to Anderson to god knows who !
So let me get this straight:
- Voted best Junior goalie in the country for a crappy Tri City team is not good enough?
- Voted best goalie winning a gold medal for Team Canada is not good enough?
- Voted MVP leading his team to the Calder Cup is not good enough?
- What the 5th or 6th winningest goalie in Habs history, and what the 2nd youngest in not enough?

Sorry to break it to you but St.Patrick would've never won his first Cup without the 8-future Hall of Famers on his team in 1986 - name me one future HOF'er on the present Habs?

So let me get this straight:
- Voted best Junior goalie in the country for a crappy Tri City team is not good enough?
- Voted best goalie winning a gold medal for Team Canada is not good enough?
- Voted MVP leading his team to the Calder Cup is not good enough?
- What the 5th or 6th winningest goalie in Habs history, and what the 2nd youngest in not enough?

Sorry to break it to you but St.Patrick would've never won his first Cup without the 8-future Hall of Famers on his team in 1986 - name me one future HOF'er on the present Habs?

winning for Canada as goalie doesn't mean much for me my friend , Martin Biron won gold medal with Canada junior ,Jason Lebarbara won Calder as well .. so what? Obviously this is long argument . i don't say Price is a bad goalie , what i mean is IS TIME for him to deliver in PO , finding excuses and coming with these stats right and left which belong to stone age doesn't convince me . most of stats you mentioned are back to at least 6-7 years a go.. what he had done lately except winning gold medal with crazy talented Canada team .

please be fair !

People criticize Subban right and left , is good to be fair when it comes to Price ,as i said he pretty much got outplayed by second or 3th rated goalies in PO .
is all good to say X or Y goalies are elite , for me elite goalie sticker is made base on PO performance , for same reason i have hard time calling Lundqvist a very elite goalie ..

But again, what has Ben Bishop proven?

i am not saying 100% he will beat us but the way Price has been in PO to be honest i feel stress watching him against any team , any goalie , is like watching Tokarski in regular season , like watching a rookie goalie ..

i am not saying 100% he will beat us but the way Price has been in PO to be honest i feel stress watching him against any team , any goalie , is like watching Tokarski in regular season , like watching a rookie goalie ..

Price is a very different goalie and even person than he was a year ago....his concentration and approach is night and day.

I felt like you did with regards to confidence in him but now I have no doubt he'll be sharp in the playoffs

I think all those goalies are beatable. Any of them is capable of having a great superstar shutout game also. I think if you look at our team, we are more complete than we've been in a while. Sure, we probably needed 1 solid d man but every team has holes. I think Tinordi has been a bit shaky, lacks the experience, but we might have to retest NB to see if he's the guy for the playoffs. Now we have Murray who can play the PK and wins battles on the boards. But Cammy was not as complete as Vanek was. Cammy was a huge cherry picker, and hardly came back. Vanek is our game changer this year.

Last I checked goalie's don't score goals - u cannot win 0-0. As usual the Habs dominated the 1st period in game 1 last year vs the Sens, no forward could get to any Anderson rebound (there were tons of them) - is that Price's fault? Playoffs are all about momentum. The Habs in recent history, can't score in the playoffs because they haven't had the type of players requried who specialize in scoring goals from the paint. Vanek brings that dimension this team has lacked since what 1993? Brian Bellows?

Sure Price has to play better - he can't give up softies, but his team needs to score too.

Price is a very different goalie and even person than he was a year ago....his concentration and approach is night and day.

I felt like you did with regards to confidence in him but now I have no doubt he'll be sharp in the playoffs
i just hope you are right . we are paying him an elite goalie money and he gets this treatment from organization . i just hope i don't see a Déja Vu!

Last I checked goalie's don't score goals - u cannot win 0-0. As usual the Habs dominated the 1st period in game 1 last year vs the Sens, no forward could get to any Anderson rebound (there were tons of them) - is that Price's fault? Playoffs are all about momentum. The Habs in recent history, can't score in the playoffs because they haven't had the type of players requried who specialize in scoring goals from the paint. Vanek brings that dimension this team has lacked since what 1993? Brian Bellows?

Sure Price has to play better - he can't give up softies, but his team needs to score too.

dear friend :
go watch our PO games vs Phily and Ottawa and look how many softies he allowed in crucial moments of game , late in game , late in period . you don't expect it from a guy like him , i say this because my expectation is high from him . he has talent , i just hope FINALLY concentration is in right place as well!

Back