• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

i just hope you are right . we are paying him an elite goalie money and he gets this treatment from organization . i just hope i don't see a Déja Vu!

Better start bracing u'r self this "team" is not winning the Cup this year. The defense is too slow, and desperately needs a legit #3 Dman.

dear friend :
go watch our PO games vs Phily and Ottawa and look how many softies he allowed in crucial moments of game , late in game , late in period . you don't expect it from a guy like him , i say this because my expectation is high from him . he has talent , i just hope FINALLY concentration is in right place as well!

Only after the Habs dominated and couldn't score, the forwards couldn't (wouldn't pay the price) to get to one Brion/Anderson rebound - again playoffs are about momentum. When the Pens won the Cup, Fleury let in bad goals galore, but their offense was able to score, same with Chicago (both Niemmi & Crawford). You cannot win a 0-0 game, the Habs don't win in the playoffs because they can't score early, and are drained psychologically thereafter.

Any goalie could have won with Canada is such a stupid argument.

They beat the US 1-0 and Price made 31 saves in the shutout.... just one goal to what was the highest scoring team in the tournament at that point and you are headed to OT and possibly the shootout... you've got a coin flip on your hands.

Crazy to just dismiss this performance.

Also, yes, Jason Labarbra won a Calder Cup.... he wasn't 19 years old, straight out of junior hockey at the time. In fact, in AHL history only two goalies have done that... they are Patrick Roy and Carey Price.

And lastly, go back and watch the World junior semi-final vs the US. A 1-1 tie that canada won in a shootout. The US dominated that game and Price stood on his head, especially in the 10 minute overtime. There is a reason he was MVP of the tournament.

So please, these, any goalie could do these things is pure hogwash.

Any goalie could have won with Canada is such a stupid argument.

They beat the US 1-0 and Price made 31 saves in the shutout.... just one goal to what was the highest scoring team in the tournament at that point and you are headed to OT and possibly the shootout... you've got a coin flip on your hands.

Crazy to just dismiss this performance.

Also, yes, Jason Labarbra won a Calder Cup.... he wasn't 19 years old, straight out of junior hockey at the time. In fact, in AHL history only two goalies have done that... they are Patrick Roy and Carey Price.

And lastly, go back and watch the World junior semi-final vs the US. A 1-1 tie that canada won in a shootout. The US dominated that game and Price stood on his head, especially in the 10 minute overtime. There is a reason he was MVP of the tournament.

So please, these, any goalie could do these things is pure hogwash.
Any Canadian goalie has a chance to win gold with Canada , i didn't say he will win . i said he has a chance ! Luongo won it , so that say all my friend !Obviously you can play with stats that he is only goalie from junior who won calder , but what he had won since calder which if my memory is good is back to 7-8 years a go?

forget PO :
did for even a single season he dominate in save % ?
did for even a single season he dominate in goal allowed ?
was he even top 3 in league in this category in league?
is our team worse than a team that José Theodore had and he won Vezina and hart?
there are many many questions and very long debate that should be answered when it comes to Price ..

Last edited:

Better start bracing u'r self this "team" is not winning the Cup this year. The defense is too slow, and desperately needs a legit #3 Dman.

i don't expect us winning the cup this year but i expect not allowing softies as he keeps doing year after year in PO !

Last edited:

agreed

they need a bigger top 2 centre and a real number 3 before we can think about a cup

but price can get hot and carey us :p

with this team we could win the east or get swept in the first round

Any Canadian goalie has a chance to win gold with Canada , i didn't say he will win . i said he has a chance ! Luongo won it , so that say all my friend !Obviously you can play with stats that he is only goalie from junior who won calder , but what he had won since calder which if my memory is good is back to 7-8 years a go?

forget PO :
did for even a single season he dominate in save % ?
did for even a single season he dominate in goal allowed ?
was he even top 3 in league in this category in league?
is our team worse than a team that José Theodore had and he won Vezina and hart?
there are many many questions and very long debate that should be answered when it comes to Price

Dude, where would this team be sitting right now, if it wasn't for Price's performance this year? They would be way out of playoff position - did u not see what happens when he's out of the lineup (post-Olympics)? This is not that great a team, just sayin...

BTW - re: Theodore, Hasek, wouldn't compare clutch & grab hockey to the speed game that's being played nowadays. Where is Theodore now, what happened to his career post 2004 lockout, once the speed game took over?

Also, look at these names: Cam Ward, JS Giguere, Chris Osgood, MA Fleury, Niemmi, Thomas, Quick, Crawford how many of them won the Vezina or save %? Last 8-Cup winning goalies.

Answer: 1-Thomas.

Does Price have LA's defense in front of him - even though Quick is an excellent goalie?

Dude, where would this team be sitting right now, if it wasn't for Price's performance this year? They would be way out of playoff position - did u not see what happens when he's out of the lineup (post-Olympics)? This is not that great a team, just sayin...

BTW - re: Theodore, Hasek, wouldn't compare clutch & grab hockey to the speed game that's being played nowadays. Where is Theodore now, what happened to his career post 2004 lockout, once the speed game took over?

Also, look at these names: Cam Ward, JS Giguere, Chris Osgood, MA Fleury, Niemmi, Thomas, Quick, Crawford how many of them won the Vezina or save %? Last 8-Cup winning goalies.

Answer: 1-Thomas.

Does Price have LA's defense in front of him - even though Quick is an excellent goalie?
you said it yourself all these goalies won the cup ,so they at least achieved something ,also teams in front of you for sure has to do something with it no doubt . as I said I don't expect him to win the cup for us this year .but compete and raise his game . like Halak did that year in PO ! I know the game has been changed all that but Price didn't convince me so far in playoff .

I still have no idea what's wrong with what Carlyle said.

Is Reimer RFA this summer?

If so it makes perfect sense that his agent is gonna go ape shit over some insignificant coment by the coach....any comments that will tarnish his clients value will surely be taken badly

I still have no idea what's wrong with what Carlyle said.

Didnt a few leaf fans want Torts as the leaf coach?

Now he has actually thrown his goalies under the bus (maybe literally as well)

Didnt a few leaf fans want Torts as the leaf coach?

Now he has actually thrown his goalies under the bus (maybe literally as well)

I think just about every coach out there has said something worse about one of his players than "He was just okay tonight".

And I dunno about a few. Zeke did.

I think just about every coach out there has said something worse about one of his players than "He was just okay tonight".

And I dunno about a few. Zeke did.

Might have just been zeke.

But that is what I mean...how would people react if a coach really did say something negative about Reimer.

Atom bomb.

It was meant to insult Reimer. I raised an eyebrow the moment I heard it.

If he had just said "he was ok" It would be fine, but then he repeated and clarified "he was just ok"

The Leafs gave up 2 breakaway goals and a 2 on 1, Reimer was not the reason they lost that game.

Reimer, and Bernier for that matter have faced an ungodly number of shots this year. Without solid performances from them, the playoffs are not even a conversation. The comment was not necessary, especially towards Reimer who has been nothing but a good soldier for the organization. If the coach wants to throw someone under the bus, toss Clarkson.

Last edited:

Per Darren Dreger on TSN1050 this morning, He apparently also told the reporters to ask the question about Reimer. It was calculated.

Per Darren Dreger on TSN1050 this morning, He apparently also told the reporters to ask the question about Reimer. It was calculated.

if this is true it tells me a lot more about the coach than the goalie

WOW. If true, we now have the 2nd worst coach in the NHL :lol

Back